July 1 Hands free cell phones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1 Hands free cell phones???

Here in California as of July 1 you must use hands free. Anyone else have that same law or going to be a law?? My hubby bought me this for mother's day hands free it's called Blue Ant. Works really good. He got it on amazon here is the link to amazon but they do have a web site.
    http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-Supertooth-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Speakerphone/dp/B000Q6R4MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1212036341&sr=1-1

Food Gal

Re: July 1 Hands free cell phones???

Chicago has it where you must be hands-free.
    I think anything that will allow you to focus more on driving than talking is a good thing!

Comment

I really hope that doesnt happen here! I realize I'm behind the times - I didnt even own a cell phone until a few years ago - and its still a basic dum-dum ugly cheapo Nokia handheld thing. But I am responsible with it and I dont answer it if I'm driving. It ticks me off to think that I may have to go spend more money on another phone because others dont know how to behave with theirs! I agree that the world will be a safer place, I just hate to have to fork out extra money for it when I was doing my part to keep it safe already!

Comment

Minnesota hasn't gone there yet...but it's only a matter of time.

My new car has built in Blue Tooth so I am already compliant.
        It's a very cool feature I wasn't even looking for when we were looking for cars.
        **Life may not be the Party we had hoped for....
        But while we are here, we might as well Dance
        .....**

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
          I really hope that doesnt happen here! I realize I'm behind the times - I didnt even own a cell phone until a few years ago - and its still a basic dum-dum ugly cheapo Nokia handheld thing. But I am responsible with it and I dont answer it if I'm driving. It ticks me off to think that I may have to go spend more money on another phone because others dont know how to behave with theirs! I agree that the world will be a safer place, I just hate to have to fork out extra money for it when I was doing my part to keep it safe already!

You won't have to if you don't use yours while you drive.
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

It's a great law, but even hands-free isn't safe enough. A person is still distracted when they are having to concentrate of what someone else is saying and then be thinking up an answer, instead of having their attention on the road.

Comment

But isn't that sort of like having another person in the car with you and you are talking to each other, you can be distracted. Personally I don't answer my phone when I am driving, so it really makes no difference to me. People talk way to much on their cell phones, at times when they shouldn't, like when they are at the check out counter, when they are pushing a grocery cart, and on ,and on. What did they do before we had cell phones 24 /7 ??

Comment

Here's the method I use

http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/yourturn/yt7.htm

I might try this one however

http://www.funny.co.uk/stuff/art_175-4003-Hands-Free.html

Comment

OMG, LOL #1 is funny, love that rubberband. #2 looks so painful Funny

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    But isn't that sort of like having another person in the car with you and you are talking to each other, you can be distracted. Personally I don't answer my phone when I am driving, so it really makes no difference to me. People talk way to much on their cell phones, at times when they shouldn't, like when they are at the check out counter, when they are pushing a grocery cart, and on ,and on. What did they do before we had cell phones 24 /7 ??
                    You're right. You just have 3 more steps when it is a cell phone. Hearing the ring and looking to where the ring is coming from, answering, then hanging up....maybe the call-waiting thing. I have to admit that I am not accustomed to talking on cell phones, so I really don't know anything about the hands-free things.

I'm getting to where I cannot stand hearing all those different ringtones. I just want to smack someone when I'm standing by them and that gosh-awful music starts. Waht's wrong with normal rings?

Comment

LOL, I think I am the only left in this world who has a normal ring on her cell phone.

Comment

mine is strictly for emergencies. I've given very few the number to call me. Plus, mine is generally off unless I need it. I'll pull over if I have to make a call.

Comment

Here's something I found. the artiticle is a few years old, but it makes sense. this in an insert of the article

Similarly, in-car conversations differ from cell phone conversations because both parties have an immediate feel for the flow of traffic and can discontinue the conversation when traffic gets too hectic.

http://mentalhealth.about.com/library/sci/0701/blcellphone701.htm

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                            X