Thrifty Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrifty Thursday

I'm so broke, I need to be thrifty, so I decided it goes with Thursday. Hows it going with everyone today? Everyone fat and happy? skinny and healthy? I'm fat and happy. 73 Suppose to be mid to high 90's thru the weekend. No rain in forcast. No special plans this weekend, just need to clean house.

Crissy sent me a great thank you gift, I got yesterday. Full of samples of her Tastefully Simple stuff and a cute little dip/tapas tray with dip knives, a dry erase board in the shape of a flip flop that has a hole in it to hang on a door knob to remind kids to clean room or whatever. Some great smelling soap (guess she thinks I'm smelly! lol) sitting on a little bamboo raft so you don't loose it in the bath tub. So it was a Thank you/Birthday present.

How's it going at your place?

Re: Thrifty Thursday

WOW! what a great gift! LOVE the Tastefully Simple products...YUUUMMMMMMMMMM! I'm making some of them this weekend.

DS's BBQ this Sunday...so Saturday I guess I'm cleaning .
    DH is FINALLY picking up the kids trampoline w/enclosure today during lunch...DS needs for therapy and DD wants it for play dates Hope he can put it together by the party Sunday.

WAITING for DH's check to post (3am Friday morn) before I can buy te rest of the food. Poor spending on my part the month...we are STILL paying for the "quick" trip to florida.

Other than that...I'm fat/cool/and blonde

Comment

Good morning all. What a nice gift from Crissy, Nu!

I'm grumpy this morning - nothing new. I am so tired of people not doing what they say they're gonna do! I called a handyman who was supposed to be here either Tuesday or Wednesday - he never showed up and didnt even bother to call! Paid for a garbage service to start picking up my trash on the first of the month (MAY 1st), and they havent even delivered my garbage can yet! Why cant folks just do the right thing, so I dont have to become such a #%!^@

I know...look at the bright side and be grateful that things aren't worse, etc.

It doesnt help lately...maybe its hormonal, but I am still peed off!

Comment

Fat & happy here. Waiting for it to warm up, it's still getting very close to freezing every night. My poor little garden will never grow with these temps! Today I will finish grouting the last section of my back entry. Will be happy to be DONE with that project! LOL I have to finish up all of this piddly stuff cause next week is the boys' last week of school and I'm sure I won't be doing much of anything but cooking and running! Dh is working in Chicago for the week.....how come I get so much more done when he's not here?!

Comment

Good Morning, thrifty....... I don't like that word. LOL Hot and humid, what else is new, absolutely NO rain in the forecast. Can't wait for the next water bill
          That was so nice of Crissy to send such nice gifts, very thoughtful.
          Nothing much going on, same old, same old. Payday tomorrow for me. Which also means bills have to be paid, I need to gas up my car again and of course, go to the grocery store to stock up for the weekend. Such excitement LOL

Comment

Tired And Crabby Here. I Helped Dh Move Equipment To Our Fields Up North Last Night And Then We Went To The Bar So He Could Get Something To Eat. I Finally Said I Am Leaving At Midnight. This Morning He Was Making Fun Of Me For Being Tired--not A Good Thing To Do On His Part.
            SHEL

Comment

I'm moving slow this morning.. I have a little hang over.... I had one too many Chards last night..

Comment

Jana, what's a Chard???

It's a beautiful day in So Cal. Going for a high of 78 today. I'm enjoying the weather while I can. I hate the hot temps we get in the summer.

Have a nice day, everyone.
                Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I WOULD BET CHARD IS WINE. CHARDONAY (SP?)

shhh!!! don't tell, but she"s a sot!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X