Ouch..my feet are killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch..my feet are killing me!

Any recommendations for a good shoe that's comfortable to work in? I'm on my feet at work for 12 hours a day, either running the halls or standing still at a medcart on tiled floors. I'm having trouble finding a shoe that doesnt kill my feet, even if I have gel insoles in them. Hospital I'm at requires that they must be all white and no open toes or backs. Right now I have a pair of Nursemates, but they are not working for me!

Re: Ouch..my feet are killing me!

How about a good all white tennis shoe? Some of them have very good arch support. I'm not talking about the cheap ones at WalMart. Go to a sport center where they sell all kids of sports shoes.

Comment

I really love SAS shoes, expensive, yes. You can try ebay for cheaper ones. Some of them are even halfway stylish.

Comment

New Balance Tennis Shoes Are Real Comfortable For Me. Dh Loves Them Also. He's Never Been Able To Find A Comfortable Pair Of Tennis Shoes, And I Had Bought 2 Pair, Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price, He Stole My Other Pair And Loves Them. Most Of The Nurses Here Are Wearing New Balance.

Comment

New Balance works for me, too. I have even been wearing a pair for 3 years to work and they don't look too bad.

Comment

I also like New Balance and Nike Shox. They are expensive, but are really comfy.

Comment

My hunee wears nothing but New Balance. He swears by them. I like Reeboks and Sketchers. I won't pay full price for them though. I just found a pair of white sketchers at The Goodwill for $5.00, and they were just my size and didn't have any wear on them at all! What a find.

I have foot problems and need comfortable shoes, too. I have neurothapy (numbness) in my feet, and stabbing pain in my toes. I've had this problem for about 7 years with no explanation from doctors.
              Last edited by beatlebette; 05-29-2008, 01:03 PM.
              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

My feet feel like they have a toothache, so I did some checking online..I am 100% sure that my problem is plantar fasciitis! I have every symptom, including my feet hurting worse when I'm NOT walking on them, with the most severe pain in the left heel. I need better shoes for sure, but that alone isnt going to fix the problem. I'm sure all this came about because of tearing or irritating the fascia from overuse...I have got to learn to start saying NO to my job!

Boo, did the doctor do an HBA1C test on you to check for diabetes?

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                  Boo, did the doctor do an HBA1C test on you to check for diabetes?
                  Yes, I don't have diabetes, thank goodness. All I've ever been told is that it's probably from a pinched nerve. I do find they hurt worse when I lie down and put them up. It feels like someone is stabbing my toes with knives. I've just learned to live with it.
                  Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I know what you are going through, Cottun!! My feet were hurting me soooo bad too that I finally gave in and went to the foot dr. and I DO have plantar fascitit! What a pain in the bu...no I mean.. FOOT!

Comment

Cotton-I work on my feet 10 hours a day on tile-The best move I made was to go to a Good Feet store-and have them fit you with inserts-they fit in any shoe. They are pricey-but by the time you spend money on the other inserts and "shoes"-it was worth it for me.

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                      Any recommendations for a good shoe that's comfortable to work in? I'm on my feet at work for 12 hours a day, either running the halls or standing still at a medcart on tiled floors. I'm having trouble finding a shoe that doesnt kill my feet, even if I have gel insoles in them. Hospital I'm at requires that they must be all white and no open toes or backs. Right now I have a pair of Nursemates, but they are not working for me!

Comment

Go to this website they are great with shoes for what ever is wrong. I ordered the catalog it has some great looking sandles for people with foot problems.

http://www.footsmart.com/Default.aspx

Huffle
                        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I wear New balance and so do all the other Nurses I work with. I like the 608's the best. I also work 12 hour killer shifts in the ER and also have a heel spur on my right foot but these shoes don't hurt. Nike's about killed my spur. I have tried Nikes, reebocks,rockports and New balance gets the A plus!!

Comment

608's, that's what I wear also!!! Funny how so many nurses are alike!!! lol

Comment

These are wonderful. They have them at footsmart.com and zappos.com

Asics Women’s Gel Kayano Walker 7 Walking Shoes are loaded with technical features for the walking enthusiast!
                              You’ll hear rave reviews for this lightweight walker

Health Magazine acknowledges the Gel Kayano Walker 7 as the “best walking shoe.” The American Podiatric Medicine Association awards it the “Accepted” seal. This update of a long-standing favorite comes with the Impact Guidance System® that enhances your natural walking gait. A lightweight EVA midsole delivers bounce-back and durability, while the Trusstic System® reduces overall weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X