I'm an Ebay-aholic! I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an Ebay-aholic! I need help

Just went on Ebay and bid on a bunch of beads for my necklace making enterprise. I must stop and make the necklaces before I buy more beads. However, it is addicting - both the beads and ebay.

Re: I'm an Ebay-aholic! I need help

I have never been on ebay. Have no desire to go on ebay. I flip through the homeshopping channels and just go on, no interest.
    I have thought about taking a class to learn about making bead braclets, etc. They are offering classes here on the military base. Have to check into that.

Comment

I LOVE E-bay! I've been addicted for about 5 years now!
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I just don't have enough trust in buying from E-Bay.. It's fun to look tho..

Comment

janabanana - I've only had one instance where I didn't get the item I purchased. I wrote and complained and was told too bad it got lost in the mail. Fortunately it wasn't an expensive item but I've had no bad problems after that.

One other time I'd purchased an item and the person kept promising to send it. She lived in a city I used to live in so I told her I'd be there on a particular day to pick it up (I had her phone number and found her address). I got the item in a couple of days after that.

Comment

I've bought a few items from e-Bay, but I've never gotten addicted to it. I can take it or leave it. It's a good place to find hard to find items sometimes.
            Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Word of caution... NEVER go on Ebay after drinking a whole bunch of red wine. Ya end up getting a violin that you don't remember bidding on and don't know how to play in the mail.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I only tried to use it once. I found for sale the pyrex bread tubes with rack and book. I checked the closing date, but when I checked a couple of days before the closing date, I found that it was already sold.

Comment

I've heard too many horro stories about ebay. I'm not going to put any of my info "out there"

Comment

AHA! the first step to recovery is admitting you have a prob LOL!!!!!

I want to ebay but have also heard horror stories but there sure is a lot of goodies on there and very reasonable ....maybe someday I will do it.

Comment

My DH bought a car on Ebay! It turned out very well...it was a vintage car, and he had it shipped fr/California to Ohio. I was worried, but it was just as it looked in the pictures. Believe it or not that was our first purchase.

Comment

I am the ebay queen. I have over 750 feedbacks and it is all from buying. I have bought 3 cars, a motorhome ,furniture and everything else you can think of. Ebay is the first place I look for anything I am wanting. I have never been ripped off. Just make sure you read the feedback of the person you are buying from. Not only are the prices much cheaper and you get to look at a lot more choises but you don't use gas on wasted trips. Charlyn

Comment

Charlyn - if the seller is in my area I contact them to see if I can pick up the item. It often saves $$$ in shipping fees. Some allow, it some don't.

I'd be leery about buying a car online though - I'm glad it worked out for you.

I buy and sell on ebay - i've never had a problem with my sold items and few with my buying

Comment

I'm addicted in waves. I'll go for weeks with out a bid and than BAM! I'm lost for DAYS
                            My last ebay-aholic adventure was american girl craft books...was doing that one FOR WEEKS! Before the books I was hooked on the Sizzix dies for my new machine I got for christmas. LOVE that EBAY!

hmmm....I think I could use........

Comment

Do you have any pics of your jewelry online Ruby?
                              www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X