Looks like no more Florida for us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like no more Florida for us!

After 3 years here in Florida, we're heading back west to Arizona after school lets out.
    Friends at dh's old job and the company itself convinced him to come back. But he was only convinced after getting what he wanted from his old company.Even though we have no family there, we're all excited about going back. I'm just dreading the LONG drive,but we are going to make it a mini-vacation. Take our slow sweet time.
    Bad part is putting our house on the market in these awful slow housing times. ugh....

Just wanted to let ya all know in case I'm not on here for a really long time.

Re: Looks like no more Florida for us!

Good luck Isis! Don't envy you the move, or trying to sell the house. Glad you are able to take your time though.

Comment

Best wishes with everything and safe travels. Glad you are excited about the move even though you say you have no family there. What part of AZ? My brother lives in Peoria (Glendale/Phoenix) area.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Thanks!
        I know where Peroia is..we've been through there a few times.Can't really help not to..it all kind of runs together in that area..lol
        When we lived out there, we were in between Phoenix and Tucson. This time around, we'll be living in the Tucson area. We know what areas to stay away from and what areas are good in that city.

Comment

Always nice to have the insight rather than going to a new city blind not knowing the good and bad parts. Kind of scary actually. Hope I never have to move from my area..........unless, of course, I win the lottery and can buy a vacation home in a nice sunny place such as AZ!!! But then I'd have my brother to confer with there too!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Good luck on selling your house.

Comment

Awwww, how hearting breaking to leave FL... Do you live close to the beach?

Comment

As you probably know, this is not the best time of the year to make the move to the desert. It may not be so bad for you as summer in Florida is also kinda warm. I lived in Tucson for 5 years and really enjoyed it. (I'm in Yuma now.)

Good luck on your move.

Comment

lol..I know all about the heat.. Feels like your opening an oven door when you step outside. Dh went back out there a couple of days ago to find us a house.He has been looking at a lot of them.

janabanana...to answer your question..our house is only about a little over a block away from the ocean. I'm going to miss going all the daily walks on the beach especially where we go looking for sea turtle's nests.
                  Good thing is..we got a really good deal on the house 2 yrs ago. Dh lowballed the peeps who owned the house. We'll probably end up just getting what we payed for it.If not, we'll rent it out.

Comment

Isis, we did the same thing, lived here then moved up to Denver & back here again. We came in 3 1/2yrs ago before all this real estate crap. We did sell the house but DH's co. always would buy the house from us if we couldn't sell it. I hear now that companies aren't doing it anymore. Az. the market is low too. We welcome you back. I know you are sad but think of it as a new chapter in your life. I loved Denver but not the snow. I'm glad to be back.

Comment

Best of luck on your move and the selling of your house!!

Hope your trip back to Az. goes smoothly! Sounds like the a mini-trip (adventure) will be fun!

Tessa

Comment

Bump for Cindy

Comment

Thanks Sabine! I feel like I am in the loop now
                          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh wow, moving again! Best of luck and I hope you have a good trip back Make sure you update us when you get there!

Comment

Isis, I hope you have a great trip back to AZ. I still remember that fun Arizona swap box I got from you a few years back.
                              Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
                              X