Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkin Donuts... terrorist ad??

BOSTON
    Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.

The coffee and baked goods chain said the ad that began appearing online May 7 was pulled over the past weekend because "the possibility of misperception detracted from its original intention to promote our iced coffee."

Look at this commentary about the ad that I found at UTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7jFV2vSEA

I think this is really crazy!! IMO the scarf looks nothing like the garb that Afrafat wears. If we had Dunkin Donuts around here, I would be boycotting them for pulling the ad.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: Dunkin Donuts... terrorist ad??

I heard about that this morning , I think it is crazy, ridiculous. Too bad Dunkinn Donuts didn't have the guts to keep the ad going. But I guess one has to be "pc " these days. We don't have dunkin donuts anymore in SA. I liked their coffee.

Comment

"PC" has just gone waaaay too far! Pulling the ad was totally ridiculous IMHO.

Comment

I heard....rumor has it.... a while back that Duncan Donuts axed the commercial and her contract after she took a drink of their coffee and threw a fit because it was nasty. But, that's just rumor.

Comment

I am sure we will have a statement from RR or her " people" shortly...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
            "PC" has just gone waaaay too far! Pulling the ad was totally ridiculous IMHO.
            Ditto!.....

Comment

Working...
            X