The kids going back to compound in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kids going back to compound in Texas

This is crazy, they spend so much money trying to figure out who is the fathers,CPS & lawyers I really don't understand. But they go back so another generation will continue on with this young wives to produce kids. Does it stop??? Hope they make a law saying anyone in compounds do not recieve welfare check for unwed mothers. Maybe that will stop some of it. I can see regular people that need welfare but these religious beliefs need to stop taking it from the state. We got to change some of the laws. When these kids go back does CPS step in to check up??? Oh they will know before hand and make it wonderful. Every generation will continue because that is all they know.

Re: The kids going back to compound in Texas

I feel so sorry for these women and children. They are living in another world. They don't know any better. So sad...
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Bo, I know, but every generation is going to happen again & again. Something needs to stop. These kids are uneducated and don't understand & living off our welfare program. Texas really did try to stop it but now they can't. Ok if they want to live like this fine, but not with our government programs. We need to stop it. Yes freedom of religion, but not at the expense of our gov. What will they do when those checks stop??? Maybe things will change.

Comment

They are being allowed to go back because of Texas Law. It isn't about liberals, being lax with religious groups. Texas Law stipulates that children should be in harms way to be removed. It wasn't proven that the children were being harmed. Also another reason that this failed was because the children's welfare failed to provide a plan for each and every child that was in the compound. When they went to family court Texas gave a boiler plate solution for each child. Some children were in traditional families (1 mom, 1 dad).

Texas isn't a liberal state. Unfortunately, as a former 23 year resident I am aware Texas leads the nation in executions and has an extremely high prison population. Texas is highly conservative in their law and their legal approach. The state of Texas did overstep their bounds here in taking the children away from their parents without any real due process. For this I am glad that this happened.

Honestly I think this whole polygamy sect needs to be dismantled, and I think there is something completely wrong when you involve children into this. I personally could care less what arrangements consenting adults make, I have large issues with forcing children into these situations. If Texas wants to handle this properly, they really need to take each child on a case by case basis.

One more point, we do not know how many of these mothers were on welfare. Given the fact that the number of children that were originally taken was 468 give or take, but some of those people that were taken were adults, and some children were in traditional families, and they never found the person that made the call I wouldn't think that all information that has been published is completely inaccurate.

Sorry that was so long winded. I think the whole situation is wrong. I think that Texas illegally seized these children, and should have really done some homework before hand, and then tried to do what was best for the children. I am glad the law will allow for due process for all of these children and families and do what is right for all children in this unfortunate situation.

Comment

Go Texas!.......................................

Comment

This whole situation is sick. Saw several pictures on TV the other night of Warren Jeff's marrying these two little girls (who looked like young 10-11 year olds) and kissing them on the mouth. Makes me want to throw up.

Comment

The judge who gave the orders for CPS to go in and take the kids, made a mistake, overstepped his/ her bounds. Now the Texas supreme court is ordering for the kids to go back to the ranch. What a waste of taxpayers money, nothing got accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyS View Post
                This whole situation is sick. Saw several pictures on TV the other night of Warren Jeff's marrying these two little girls (who looked like young 10-11 year olds) and kissing them on the mouth. Makes me want to throw up.
                Yes, I saw those pictures on TV yesterday, turned my stomach.

Comment

That is sexual abuse no matter how you look at it and it's being allowed!

Comment

ITA Southern... That's the way I look at it too..

Comment

I really hope that the CPS goes in and does a real investigation on each of those kids, and really makes a full determination on what happened/didn't happen and handles each case accordingly. I saw those pictures too, and was amazed. Thankfully Warren Jeffs is in jail where he should remain for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yes, hopefully Warren Jeffs will remain in jail where he belongs, but others have taken over his position. I agree the Texas judge who oked the invasion and taking of the children is the one who blew it. They should have waited until they had all the info and then gone case by case instead of traumatizing those poor children. It's such a sad situation all around.
                        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I doubt that CPS has the manpower to do this case by case ?? They didn't have people to handle all the cases they have before this mess happened.
                          Now, if these kids / women go back to the compound and are free to move around, some just may pack up and leave Texas, knowing that the eye of the law, so to speak, is watching them.
                          I think it would be so interesting to show those pictures to members of the sect and get their reaction. So many are in denial, I wonder what would they would say when they are confronted with those pictures ??

Comment

I honestly think there has been a fair amount of brainwashing going on. These folks were isolated and had a powerful and I am sure a charismatic leader. I am sure all of these people need some time away from the compound to gather some sense.

It is known that the CPS in Texas is overloaded as they are in most every other state. Hopefully they can't put together a special task team and work through these cases.

Comment

Time away from the compound would be good, but I don't think that these women know how to survive in the outside world? There is also some fear that they may leave Texas and build another compound outside of Texas ??

Comment

Working...
                              X