Goin' boatin'!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goin' boatin'!!

We put our new pontoon boat in the water yesterday! We bit the bullet and bought a slip in the local marina for a year as the lake here is still 30 feet above normal and the public ramps won't be visible for months and months! This way... we can get on the boat and back out of it like a parking space!

We're taking it out this afternoon for its maiden voyage! I'm so psyched!! Now I want to learn to fish (including catching, cleaning, and cooking!). Babe gave me a fishing pole and a small tackle box for Mother's Day.

Mega sunscreen, here I come!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Goin' boatin'!!

i can't wait to get our boat out. have a great time boating. i am so jealous.
    SHEL

Comment

L2E...........you "ole" Philly gal!!!!!!!!! You left the "Main Line"..... and NOW are on the "Fishing Line"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every minute!!!!!!!

xoxoxo D

76 Villanova - DH
      Last edited by doreenb; 05-30-2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Have fun Luvs! We used to live on a lake, and pontoons are sooo much fun! I grew up fishing with a cane pole and a worm, never could get the hang of rod and reel!

Comment

Have fun Luvs. Have you named the boat already? We live 700 feet from a river. In spring, it is a raging torrent. The rest of the year, you can walk across it. People seem to fish here and there, but I've never seen anyone pull anything out.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

We put ours in last week. Of course when son went to take it out for the first time there was a problem. The bilge pump is not working. Hopefully we can get someone to fix it on our lift so we don't have to take it out again. Have fun!

P.S. Some of the lakes around here are so full that some docks are under water.

Comment

Have fun and be safe. Make sure everyone has a life jacket. Ok the mom in me is done!! lol

I love to fish, if I'm catching something. I'm too impatient to sit there if not catching anything. Nothing like fresh caught fish!! Sooooooooooooooo much better than "fresh" from the market!!

Comment

Have fun and catch alot of fish !

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                  Have fun and be safe. Make sure everyone has a life jacket. Ok the mom in me is done!! lol!
                  Lifejackets for everyone... even Peaches the boxer!! Babe gave me a new one for our anniversary! (ha ha)

The lakes are 30 feet higher than normal here... whole campgrounds are underwater... including the outhouses!! Thankfully, the lake is SOOO big and deep in the bigger parts that I don't think the floating outhouses will affect much... at least that's what the locals assure us! The tourist industry is gonna take a big hit this year tho.

Now if I can just catch the fish w/ NO BONES... babe might even try it!! ha ha
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Luvs, you have been talking about this since you moved there. Sounds like a lot of fun especially with summer coming. I wish you the best of luck & the best of fishing too. You got to still make time to talk to us. Let us know what you catch, I'm sure someone will have a recipe for fish.

Comment

Working...
                    X