Bread saving bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread saving bags

I don't know if I can say the brand but that Debbie M. who made the vegetable bags, I got them on QVC and they work for me. Makes the veggies last a little longer. So in Walgreen's I got her bread bags, no s&H like QVC . Got them today so I put in some rolls, and we will see. Anyone have them?? Do they work? Wonder if bread will stay fresh longer. With the heat out here hope this is an answer.

Re: Bread saving bags

I don't have them, but was wondering if the veggie bags really make them last as long as the ads say.

Comment

I have them for the fruits and veggies. I've been using them for about 3 months and I love them. I think they work. Being in FL you can't let the fruit out on the counter, lol, it will ripen way too fast. But put it in one of those bags and woohoo, they do stay fresher longer. It says you can reuse four times, just wash it out and let it dry. I am now on the third round it so far so good. I buy mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The last pack I bought was a double pack. I got 10 large and 10 reg in the same pack.

grammy

Comment

Some of my friends have bought them at Wal-mart,, but the one I shop at doesn't have them yet. all say they are great. ,especially for banana's. A FYI I read, if you pull banana's apart and not leave them all connected on the stem they will also ripen slower.
        I organize chores into catagories.
        Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I love the veggie bags but didn't even know about the bread ones! I'll have to look for them!

Comment

I have the green bags and think they work. I have not tried them for berries as I think blueberries stay better in a Food Saver Jar. As for bread, I wouldn't use them as I keep all my bread products in the freezer. Just double bag them and freeze.

Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Kayce View Post
              Some of my friends have bought them at Wal-mart,, but the one I shop at doesn't have them yet. all say they are great. ,especially for banana's. A FYI I read, if you pull banana's apart and not leave them all connected on the stem they will also ripen slower.
              I did not know this. I buy too many at a time and they go bad fast. Thanks for that tip!

Comment

roset, my 7 year old loves that dang informercial!!!! He is always telling me I need to buy some of those "green bags." I am going to have to tell him they really work!!
                Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just received the latest edition of Consumer Reports, they say they don't work except for bananas

Comment

Originally posted by mrsstats View Post
                    Just received the latest edition of Consumer Reports, they say they don't work except for bananas
                    works fantastic on my lettuce. keep us posted roset.
                    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I really think this works for me with the veggies. Still working with the bread bags. Just got rolls & bread yesterday & put them in the bags but everything is still fresh. I do break up the banannas so they don't ripen fast, I used those bags for bananna but they riped up real fast, I leave them on the counter. Maybe with the heat in Az. those banannas got moist. DH loves when they are dark so no waste there. I think the veggie bags are great.

Comment

Working...
                      X