X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sushi
    replied
    Re: Keratosis Pilaris anyone???

I think my daughter has this on her arms. Can you get it on your face too?

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    replied

Thank you Stella!
    and by the way,,,HELLOOOOO!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Stella
    replied

I have been living the wild life. Girl you have no idea......

Mudder bear. this is the post that was mentioned on this....

a magazine mentioned keratosis pilaris and what you can do to help it. They recommended a lotion called Lac-Hydrin 5, which contains 5% concentration of lactic acid. That softens the skin and clears the pores. You can find Lac-Hydrin 5 at the drugstore-Walgreen's, CVS, etc. $12.99, which seems like a lot, but a little goes a long way. Plus it makes my arms and legs smooth, so it's worth it!
    Last edited by Stella; 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LaurenB
    replied

Stella??? Is That Really You? Where Have You Beeeeeenn!!???

Leave a comment:

• Stella
    replied

I have it a little, upper arms and a little bit on my upper thigh.

DD has it worse. she battles it often.
    we bump up the chlorine in the pool, just a little, more like what it would be in a public pool. that helps, ALOT. she tans, sorry dont' blast me, but yea she tans about once a week. it keeps it under control real well. she had some on her forearms, we couldn't get it under control for anything in the winter (before we tanned)
    it left spots on her arms when it did clear up.

I had info on another product... let me look for it, and I'll let ya know

Leave a comment:

• sugar303
    replied

My sister had this and a lady told her to apply bag balm to the area it healed completely and she has not had an outbreak in years. Wal-mart has it in the pet section.

Leave a comment:

• LaurenB
    replied

I know that "tanning" helps, but the side effects from that are not worth it...

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    replied

I have come to know that yes, there is no real cure for this condition,,,some treatments may work, others will not. Funny tho' I remember having a slight case (if that is possible) and I've always moisturized my skin like crazy, and have not been bothered by it for quite sometime. Apparently it is hereditary, and it most likely came from me,,,DH and others do not have this. I believe that exfoliation would be the best,,,and DS should NOT be picking at the darn things!

Leave a comment:

• southernjewishprincess
    replied

I have had this on my upper arms my whole life, if it's the tiny bumps that look kind of like acne but smaller. Since I got older I don't pick which makes it better. It has never let up for me, but it's not that bad a condition anyway. Dr when I was young said to use lubriderm. It never made a difference and nothing has for me.

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    replied

thank you!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• smellis711
    replied

I saw an ad for stuff called KP Duty. Check it out http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?Ntk=All&srchtree=5&Ntt=kp+duty&aid=336064&aparam=kp%20duty&scinit1=kp%20duty

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    started a topic Keratosis Pilaris anyone???

Keratosis Pilaris anyone???

Does anyone have this skin condition? Need some helpful tips. DS 18 has it quite bad but, he is bad due to the fact that he picks away at these little bumps making the condition worse! He has been to a dermatologist for diagnosis. Exfoliation and moisturizers that contain urea or lactic acid are recommended. Just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations?
    Thanks!
Working...
X