Stinky cat poo!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinky cat poo!!

I think I want to change my name to that!! lol JUST KIDDING!!

DD brought her 2 cats with her when she moved back in. Fine with me, I love cats and always had one till I married a man who hates cats. What was I thinking??? Anywho.. Their BM's stink to high heaven!!! Not the litter box. It can just be changed, new litter, box washed, the first poo and OMG!!! Where's the spray! I don't rmember any cat we ever had having such stinky poo. Is it their food? the litter? What? Healthy cats, shiney coats, no diarrhea or abnormal looking poo, (sorry it's the nurse in me).
    What can I do about stinky cat poo.........OH I hear the name of a new country song!! lol

Re: Stinky cat poo!!

Are you feeding with wet cat food? I find that REALLY affects the stench

Comment

I bet that's it. She lets them share a can of wet food a day, the rest is dry. I'll tell her no more wet food. Just on birthdays and holidays!!! lol

Comment

Are the fixed? What sex are they? It might be, that one/both is 'spraying'.

Mine share a can of wet a day too, and then dry for the rest of the day. I have found that there are a couple of brands that become 'stinkier' but it is usually the cat , not the catfood.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

They're both male, 1 yr old, brothers, not fixed. It's not a urine smell, it's definately.... uh.... fecal matter!!!

Comment

That being said about the wet cat food - I have one furry girl that has never learned how to cover her waste and I can always tell when she's had a bowel movement. Poor thing scratches on the side of the litter box and on the mat outside but never scratches the litter over the offending stinker.

Comment

Maybe this is a relative of Smelly Cat?
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenB View Post
                Maybe this is a relative of Smelly Cat?
                ROTFLMAO!!!! I went to bed singing that song last night!!! lol

Comment

See if you can find UR-IN Trouble. One of the owners of the company actually tried it during trials with my cats. You spray it in the little box when it's empty add little and spray on top. My two cats little box used to smell awful after the first time they used it, it is considerably better now. If you can not find it let me know I'll mail some to you to try. The owner lives around the corner so I buy direct.

Comment

Is it actually coming from the litter box?? Or are you noticing the aroma in other areas of the house? That is why I questioned the gender and spraying. Male cats will spray to mark their territory. With 2 of them, one might be spraying over the other one's bowel movement, to mask its scent, and emphasize its own.

I notice this a lot, with our dog and our neighbour's dog. If one pees, the other one comes and pees on top to mark boundaries. It seems to be an on-going battle.....
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I have the same problem! I have two cats--the first is a female--never had any trouble like that and she always covers hers. The male is a completely different story. When he goes-you know!! It smells so awful and he does not cover his. I do feed them both wet food along with the dry but have cut down alot. The wet food does also contributes to the hairballs and that is from the vet.

Comment

I have my cat's litter box in my bedroom and can never smell the Poo's. She is older and eats wet food mixed with just a little dry food. I did pick up a different kind of cat box this last time though. (Because the new puppy decided the litter box was a....ummm dinner bowl..yeah gorss.) It REALY REALY cut down on smells. It is called a Booda Dome Litter box. I saw them today at Pets Mart even thought that is not where I purchased mine. Here is a link to what they look like.

http://www.catsplay.com/bci_683805.php3

I picked up a pack of filters when I got it but have yet to change it and it has been over 8 months.

Huffle
                        God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

May have to make a trip to PetSmart next week!

Comment

Smelly cat, smelly cat, remember that from Friends??? Nu you got it. I have a cat, female eats dry food but when she does poo (laundry room is the litter box) it does stink after a few mins. it clears out. I did put baking soda in the litter box then litter on top. I do have an electric litter box that after 10 min it auto scoops it up. I know the cat is spoiled. Me too hate to scoop around for the poo.

Comment

I can solve your problem. I had a cat that would always poop when we would sit down to dinner (cat box was in the washroom off the kitchen). I went to a cat show and they told me to only feed him dry Iams cat food. At that time you could only buy it in pet shops. It worked wonders. I see it in Wal-Mart now. Give it a try Nu.

Comment

Working...
                              X