electric rates cheaper at certain times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric rates cheaper at certain times

I live in Az. and between 9pm-9am the electric rates are cheaper also on Sat. & Sun. That is the time I wash & dry clothes. Also put on the dishwasher after 9pm. I never had this in any state I lived in but I do try to use those times. Anyone else have this system? My whole house is electric so we try to conserve as much as we can & use those times. Very strange when we moved back & electric co told me about it.

Re: electric rates cheaper at certain times

Hmmm. Maybe I should check with TXU here and see if we have cheaper rates at certain times.........
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

and just out of curiosity, what does everyone pay for electic bills? Ours is around $112.00 a month give or take a few.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mine was $136 this month. It will go higher in July and August.

Comment

I live in AZ. and a/c is always on so I am on a budget for $170 a month. We did get new a/c units last yr. Have a ranch style house with 2 a/c units plus keep them at 77 degrees. Old units we were over $500 a month in summer time now it is about $350 a month with the new ones, this is summer time. We can reach over 110-120 degree days in the summer so you know those units are working.

Comment

I'm going to check with Alabama power. I went on a budget billing last year. I pay $333.00 a month. when the weather went into triple digets last summer, my bill was $456.00 , I had been on the budget .I have noit turned on our central unit yet.DH has a small windowunit in the den, I am using ceiling fans and a floor fan, keeping the rooms darkened tow. so far It's comfortable.
            I organize chores into catagories.
            Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I heat with natural gas, and my appliances are gas ones, so my electric bill ranges from $25.00 in the winter and spring to $150 in the hottest summer months.

The electric rates here are lower at night too, so in the rare case that I use my dishwasher, I set the timer so that it runs in the middle of the night.

Comment

your hours suck roset lol. u must be on aps. i am on srp and our "time of use" for the summer is to not do stuff from 1pm-8pm. winter is different.........cant remember what tho, since this is my first year on it. last summer i had a bill of $400 something right now we are still running the swamp! wooooooo hooooooooooo.......soooooooooooo much cheaper! dh did just a "little" modification on the water tube, more water now goes into the pad, and i am getting chilly!
                http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Chop, I am on APS and it is crap. When I lived in AZ 13yrs ago we had load controllers that would modify the electric use at once. Then moved back to this crap. What happened to load controllers??? Do you remember them?? Wish we had another electric co that would compete with them. They raise their rates every yr. especially in March just before the summer heat.

Comment

All I know is that our electric bill is going up 17.00 a month to pay for all the damage the two ice storms left behind this past winter
                    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X