Did you see Foodnetwork Star???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you see Foodnetwork Star???

I liked it, that 19yr boy (Shane) started to cry because his pork was rare. I felt so bad for him but they let him continue on. I think it is going to be a good show. Oh Paula got a new show, Best Dishes, it starts next week (I think) Don't like the girl that wants 3 c's. Her partner was right, she is a nervous type. I think she may be the next to go. Next week they have to cook dinner service on a train.

Re: Did you see Foodnetwork Star???

I saw it! I can't believe what those people tried to cook with only 1/2 hr...meatloaf and pork tenderloin??

Comment

It was a great first episode. I like Shane. I do not like the Indian girl or the nervous girl with the 3 C's. I hope they are the next to go. I love a confident woman but that Indian woman is just ridiculous in my opinion.

tastebud, I totally agree. What were they thinking cooking those dishes....

I am looking forward to episode number two
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've missed that, what day is it on?
        I organize chores into catagories.
        Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

It was on last night at 9:00.

Comment

It's on a 10pm here (EST)...and YES! I saw it!!!

I kept thinking why is that last comic standing person on? She didnt win THAT reality show why would she try for ANOTHER? But then she wasnt funny...I guess they were waiting for "whats the deal with Ketchup?..." or something. They didnt get the funny...she got the axe...

WHOSE LAUGHING NOW HONEY????

I'm EXCITED about this years crop since last years "Gourmet Next Door" TANKED so badly.

Comment

Darn, I missed it, I fell asleep. I wouldn't try meatloaf in 30 minutes, but if your oven is pre-heated and depending on size you can cook pork tenderloin in 30 minutes.

Comment

Sabine, I was thinking about this and I bet they could have done mini meatloaf in 30 minutes. i think where they ran into the problems is that they had to also prepare it in those 30 minutes as well and they just couldn't get it ready fast enough to have time for it to cook.

Comment

That "Kitchen Sink" meatloaf was gross. It had ground beef, ground veal, ground turkey and ham in it.....BLAH!

Comment

meatloaf (regular beef meatloaf) if you make them into very small loaf-ish sizes can be cooked in 30mins...but with the veal and turkey I'd be afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
                      Sabine, I was thinking about this and I bet they could have done mini meatloaf in 30 minutes. i think where they ran into the problems is that they had to also prepare it in those 30 minutes as well and they just couldn't get it ready fast enough to have time for it to cook.
                      Yes, I can see the problem, prep work and actual cooking time in only 30 minutes, that's not much time.
                      Did the contestants ( sp ?) choose to make meatloaf & pork tenderloin, or were they told to make it. In other words, could they make their own choice in what to fix ?

Comment

They chose to make it.

I have to agree, putting all those different meats in it is just sounds gross to me, but to each his own!

Comment

I remember many years ago I would see a meatloaf mixture in the grocery store, ground beef, ground veal and ground chicken ? can't remember it was a mixture of 3 different ground meat, sold under the label of meatloaf mixture. I never bought it, and I don't see that anymore. Anybody else remember that?

Comment

Its still sold around here. Its a package of gr. beef, gr. veal and gr. pork. Its great for making meatballs too.

Comment

the supposed comedian was from another reality show..i guess that's how she's going to make her living..jumping from one show to the next..the indian gal was to confident..it would be interesting to see a different ethnicity on the foodnet work show..interesting how..sandra lee..liked the perky contestant..since sandra lee perky herself..and giada had a different opinion..

Comment

Working...
                              X