Diner thread you always get dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diner thread you always get dessert

Ok, I do cook dinner but seems when I read the dinner thread you guys always seem to get dessert in there, I don't do it. I do have cookies & ice cream in the house but never even think dessert. Guess I am strange, we eat dinner but never think about dessert, even don't get it in resturants. DH & I think after dinner we are done. When I was a kid that was the best part.guess I must be getting old. I read that someone is making a cobbler or brownies or something. Maybe I should start thinking about it. Even growing up we really just had cookies or ice cream but not a big deal. Dessert was hours later. We just called it a snack.

Re: Diner thread you always get dessert

Growing up, dessert was for special occaisions, visitors, Sunday dinner, birthdays. Hardlly ever if it was just the family. There were always cookies and cake around. (My mom was a great baker and we girls learned from her)

Same thing with my kids. They had a choice of dessert after supper or a snack before bed. They always took the snack.

I make more crisps and cobblers, because they involve fruit and are a bit healthier. When we eat it, dessert is a couple of hours after supper. Often DH will just grab a muffin and glass of milk.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

We don't normally do dessert either. Only on special occasions. The kids have sweets around that they can have if they want later on, but I rarely make a dessert for all after dinner.
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I only do dessert if theres someones else here besides me. I like to keep desserts here for company. I usually bake one "big" dessert a week, like a cake or a cobbler, and if no one comes over, I take it to work and they gobble it up.

Comment

We don't do dessets here unless company,or holidays. Then it's always a few hours after our meal.DH does have his nightly bowl of ice cream and he always eats cookies and snack/junk food.
          I organize chores into catagories.
          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

No Dessert Here Either. We're Too Fat To Eat Much Sweets.

Comment

We don't have desserts on a daily basis. Only if we have company or a holiday meal. I buy sherbert, lots of fresh fruit for SO who likes to have midnight snacks, like he needs to eat in the middle of the night

Comment

no desserts here either unless it is something special. we arent into lots of sweets either, would rather have salty. when dd2 was little, bout 5, she thought ANYTHING u ate after dinner was dessert.......even leftovers from dinner lol. now that it is summer.....fridge is full of fruits and that is what we snack on at nite.
                http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I don't make desserts very often but dh has such a sweet tooth he will make one himself or go buy something at least once a week. He always has cookies on hand for snacking.

Comment

Working...
                  X