This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unfortunate situation

Folks, I have bad news about a very unfortunate situation.

A member here has multiple profiles/accounts here. This had been brought to my attention a few times. I had hoped it wasn't true. This violation is against the rules. As you know having two profiles is against the rules because it is deceitful, and may lead to hurt feelings. This isn't a minor infraction. One profile had over 75 postings, the other had over 900.

How was this caught?
    The sharing of multiple IP addresses between the two, this is so rare, I consider it convincing evidence alone.
    The fact that the alternate account lead to a profile that showed they were the real person. This has now been removed, but I did keep a screen shot of it on my home computer.

I have emailed this person a few times now and taken steps to disable postings and PMs for that person. I am undecided on if this should be an outright lifetime ban, or if another solution is possible. I feel this was a calculated betrayal of the trust of everyone on this board.

StephanieM

Re: An unfortunate situation

Thanks Steph I just don't quite understand why people feel the need to be deceitful. It is truly a sad situation. Hopefully their life will get better for them.
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for all you do Steph, We're adults here, we should know how to "play by the rules".

Comment

I'll never understand the mind of an idiot...whats the need for double ID's?

Comment

I don't guess we are allowed to know who it is? I hate it when things are left to "trying to guess". If someone knows, can they PM me?

Comment

I am glad this person was finally caught. Yes, it is pretty sad when some people play games like that, it really isn't a game, like Stephanie posted it's a calculated betrayal.

Comment

Do what you feel is necessary Stephanie. You own this board. I just don't understand the stupidity of some people.

Thanks for all you do for us.

Joanne

Comment

I think we all would love to know, I know I would. LOL

Comment

Geez, with the things going on lately it could be anyone!

Comment

Thanks Steph - I support you

Comment

It wasnt me!

Steph, I know you have a hard decision to make, but if you decided not to ban this person for life, since it was a calculated betrayal, could any of us really feel comfortable that they would never do it again if they werent banned for life? I am sure you will do the right thing.

Comment

I did not post this for anyone to bash anyone else. This was intended as an informative note to explain what happened. Since I am the one making the actions I wanted to inform you so you would know what I found, and where I need to head to make a decision with this. I ask that you stop bashing this particular person on the message board. While their actions weren't above reproach, it does not give anyone else the liberty to bash them personally. While I am livid over this, and believe me I could add much commentary in this, I think I owe that person respect even if it wasn't given to the members of this message board.

Comment

Didn't mean to make the thread sticky, and seems I have to add a comment to do so.

Comment

Working...
                          X