Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I plead my case at girl scoiut council tomorrow with 2 of my co-leaders (the one whose the problem child, and the one who is leaving).
    I have all MY reciepts (for things I'VE paid for),
    I have copies of all the troop reciepts (things the troop paid for)
    I have all the deposit slips, and the check book is up to date
    I have pictures of our last booth sale SHOWING we had 12 cases of cookies not 22,
    I have copies of ALL the badges we had done AND what we did to earn them,
    and I have the first 4 or 5 meetings planned out, and all typed up for them.

I think I'm covered...my co-leader is at fault...and even thou she "knows" some people, there is NO WAY they can deny all this proof that she was at fault ans NOT me!!!!

Re: Wish me luck!

I hope you can get all this reconciled and put behind you tomorrow....you've lived with this long enough!! Good Luck!

Comment

Good Luck, Not sure what happened, but as a Co-Leader to my DD's troop I hope everything is resolved for you and the fun can begin for you. We have had so much fun these past two years
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good Luck!!

Sounds like you have everything covered...which shows your organizational skills. That cannot be disputed.

Comment

Best of luck to you on this! Keep us updated that has been an amazing situation you have been through.

Comment

Good Luck, Too Much Info Is Better Than Not Enough!

Comment

Thank you all...
              I know I did nothing wrong so I have nothing to be worried about. Heck...I PAID more into the troop (my own money) than is what was reported as "missing"

Edited to say: I have all the receipts to show that it was MY money I was using. At any time I could have re-imbursed myself WITHOUT QUESTION...but DH and I felt it was all a donation. I dont think they can question my ethics.
              Last edited by Sewcute; 06-02-2008, 10:17 AM. Reason: added last line

Comment

Good luck, I hope this finally gets resolved. Keep us posted.

Comment

Go get 'em, Sewcute!! We're all behind ya!

Comment

good luck! hope u get this all straightened out now so u can have fun being a leader to the girls.
                    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

OK, I had the meeting this AM. I was at council for 2 1/2hrs over this. Heres the break down of what happened:

Co-leader (aka cookie mom, aka air head) was trying to explain (and doing alot of back peddling):
                      when she picked up each booth sale cookie order
                      why she didnt deposit the money right away
                      why she picked up MORE cookies without paying for the last round of cookies
                      where the remaining cookies went after EACH booth sale
                      how much actually money was left after each sale
                      how much of each type of cookie was left after each sale...

She didnt know. She "didnt keep track of each cookie" she said. THEN she TRIED to throw me under the bus saying that I had a hand in the last round of cookies...problem was ALL MY cookies were accounted for. EVERYTHING I took for the benefit cookie booth was accounted for and paid for...to the last cookie. and I had a list (of every last cookie) where it went, what was returned, what was sold, etc...
                      They POUNDED her, and she just kept saying "I dont know..."

whenever they asked me anything ANYTHING, I had a spread sheet, reciept, or deposit slip to show for it...plus I had my own spread sheet with reciepts of all the money DH & I had "donated" into the troop. I layed out over $1000.00 and thats just since January!!!
                      "So WHY would I TAKE from the girls when all I've ever done is GIVE to them?" I asked...they small chatted with me becuase they knew it wasnt me.

At the end they pretty much said co-leader is no longer to do cookies because her booking keeping is a joke...she is NOT to do nuts either.

BUT...and heres the scary part... I am to put her on the checking account for next year!!!!!!!!!! The reason for this? because the co-leader now on the account is leaving, and the new co-leader is not trained yet...so she gets a slap on the wrist, and then rewarded with access to more money!!!!! WTF?

On the way out I was told that MY leadership role was never in question...who ever said that was soarly mistaken (it was my co-leader who told me, BTW). and then out the door my air-head co-leader says "I'm glad they didnt pull your leadership, becuase I dont think I could have done it without you!" again WTF?

I'm at a lose...

Comment

I'm glad you are in the clear, but do you really want to stay in something that the people in charge are that stupid? Why would anyone put her on the checking account. Trained, or untrained, she has shown that she is incapable to manage money.

Comment

Thats what my biggest fear is!
                          DH says maybe they wanted to do it to catch her in the act? He thinks because I keep a record of everything they are not worried about me...they KNOW she's a flake, and want to actually catch her doing it. I dont know. I think I might call them (off the record) and just say I cant work with her. She's a gossip, flighty, forgetful, un-organized...I'm trying to teach these girls about money and responsibilties and she flutters in 45mins late.

Comment

I am glad you are in the clear, but why put her on the checking account next year ?? Makes no sense to me. So basically , most likely , you will be dealing with this again.
                            I would think twice before I would put myself in that position. Good luck!

Comment

I am glad they cleared you but they let her get by with stealing. There is no telling what she will do next time and you may get blamed. I would resign as a leader if they force you to let her handle any money or be on the same bank account with you. If they want to catch her stealing then let her have her own account and she how well she manages it.

Comment

Working...
                              X