Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow carrots????

Anybody heard of yellow carrots??
    I've never had..but today the cafeteria at work was serving them cooked. They tasted just like normal orange carrots.
    I've never seen them at the store.

Re: Yellow carrots????

I've Seen Them On Tv. That And Like A Purplish/red One. Weird Stuff. Carrots Are Orange!!! Next Thing You Know They'll Make A Red Orange! Lol

I Know They're Red Oranges (blood Orange)

Comment

lol...purplish red carrots??
      Whats the deal with the freaky science fiction crap?? lol

I guess they are doing it to make our salads "pretty".

Comment

Never heard of a yellow carrot!

Reminds me of yesterday, I was shopping for a bottle of wine and I saw a bottle of White Merlot...never figured that Merlot could be white!

Comment

Nu, hate to tell you this, but there already is a 'red orange'. It is called a Blood Orange and they are delicious. Many years ago, when we were in Italy, I aked for a glass of orange juice, and yes, it was red. We can usually get them here, in early spring. They are imported from Spain, Italy or Morocco.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

My local grocery store is selling the yellow carrots now. Haven't tried them yet though. I guess if they can grown yellow tomatoes, they can grow yellow carrots!!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

HERE'S A PIC OF DIFFERENT COLORED CARROTS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrots

Comment

Never Heard Of Yellow Carrots, But Then Again I Had Never Seen Purple Caulflower Until Dh Brought Some A Couple Weeks Ago.
                SHEL

Comment

These Damned Scientists And Their Gene Splicing!!! Lol

Comment

I have not heard of yellow carrots. But there are yellow tomatoes and yellow beets.
                    What is this world coming to. LOL

Comment

Our stores have orange cauliflower, it is cheaper than the white ones, go figure, it still tastes the same.

Comment

I've got seeds for black, purple and striped tomatoes. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

http://www.allotment.org.uk/vegetable/tomato/heirloom-tomatoes.php

Comment

Some of the 'new' veggies, aren't new at all. It is easier for grocery stores to offer only 1 or 2 generic types of veggie--like beefsteak and roma tomatoes.. In the old days, there were many diverse strains of tomatoes--like Rube's black and striped tomatoes. Now they are called 'heirloom' and cost the earth.

I love broccoflower. It looks like cauli, but is green and has a very nice taste. And if you ever get a chance, try Purple Sweeties--a small purple skinned sweet potato. The flesh is golden and more mealy than a regular sweet potato--absolutely yummy roasted.
                          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
                            I've got seeds for black, purple and striped tomatoes. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

http://www.allotment.org.uk/vegetable/tomato/heirloom-tomatoes.php
                            I WANT TO KNOW, HOW DO YOU TELL IF THE GREEN TOMATOES ARE RIPE? I'VE SEEN THE GUYS/GIRLS ON FOODNETWORK USING GREEN HEIRLOOM TOMATOES, THAT ARE RIPE. HOW DO THEY KNOW, SQUEEZE THEM TILL THEY'RE SOFT (DON'T SQUEEZE THEM TIL THEY ARE SOFT, SQUEEZE OCC UNTIL YOU SEE THEY ARE SOFT) LOL

Comment

Squeeze gently , sort of like the jalapeno peppers LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X