Punishment for alternate ID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punishment for alternate ID's

Ok in the last few days a couple of people have been found to have alternate IDs. I have currently set this punishment to be a 30 day ban from the site. While each case is individual, I think it is a good starting point. If you have alternate ID's and you email me before I find out, no I don't check everyone's IP all of the time.

If you chose to bash either person publically, i'll give a time out for 10 days as well to anyone who bashes these folks.

StephanieM

Re: Punishment for alternate ID's

I wish someone would give me a 10 day time out.... please send me to my room and make me stay there... you can even take the TV away... I'll take my punishment w/o a peep.

Ha ha... just kidding.

Thanks for all the good work you do for us Steph... it's beyond me why anyone would want to play games like this... but I'm happy for your protective nature for our CK chat room!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Mama Steph is giving it out! lol

Great job, Steph! I think that is good punishment for now. Too bad you do have to act like a mother with some of these people who are suppose to know better.
      Now,if only people will actually read your thread and think twice about trying to screw around with other ckers.

Comment

Ok, here's the dumb question of the day.... Why would someone want or have 2 ID's.. And please don't make me feel dumber in asking this. HA HA! :-)

Comment

I think I would be the father in this role because I would have been harsher on them.
          Thank you Stephanie, for being the level headed one.

Comment

There are many different reasons, janabanana.
            Not all people have 2 ID's to cause trouble. Some just want an alternate when they don't want to to be known, or don't want certain people to know they are here...but still want to participate.
            Others do have malicious reasons (mostly to start fights). Stephanie has to make rules to combat the second reason and she has to treat everyone the same. Rules are rules.
            I think Stephanie came up with a great compromise here. Some will not like it, but it is her call.
            Apparently, the offenders were not here to start trouble.

Comment

One of the offenders was not here to start trouble, the other was malicious in their posting.

Comment

I guess I missed that. I didn't even know there were 2 of them until your thread and I didn't go back and look.

Comment

Like They Said On Bambi, If You Can't Say Anything Nice, Don't Say Anything At All.

Thanks Steph, Your Doing A Great Job.

I Know I'm Not Perfect, But I'll Try To Behave.

Comment

I have no problem whatsoever with Steph's rules. I just didn't know why people have 2 ID's.. My question was answered. Thanks..

Comment

Dont listen to Nu, she is bad, very very bad tee hee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                        Dont listen to Nu, she is bad, very very bad tee hee hee.
                        QUIT HIJACKING STEPH'S THREAD, THIS IS SERIOUS!!! YOU JUST WANT TO SEE ME WHIPPED!!

I'M SORRY FOR MUZETTE STEPH. ***HANGING HEAD IN SHAME***

Comment

Thanks Stephanie for running a great board. You are more than fair with your punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                            QUIT HIJACKING STEPH'S THREAD, THIS IS SERIOUS!!! YOU JUST WANT TO SEE ME WHIPPED!!

I'M SORRY FOR MUZETTE STEPH. ***HANGING HEAD IN SHAME***
                            Muzette just speaks the truth, doesn't she???? LOL !

Comment

Thanks Stephanie and I agree you have been more than fair with the punishment.

Comment

Working...
                              X