Laxative Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laxative Question

My DH would die if he knew I was posting this question about him - but he needs a super duper laxative. One that is guaranteed to work and clean him out. He has tried citrate of maganesia, the fleet stuff you drink when you're having surgery, and some different laxatives. None of them work for him. Anybody got a sure clean out solution to this? And it also should be fast acting. I've always said he was full of it, and now I know that's a fact. lol

Re: Laxative Question

Mag Citrate, Usually Works Good. Has He Tried Dulcolax? Tab Or Suppository, Most Men Are Too Manly To Use Suppositories I've Found. Generic Name Is Biscodyl.
    There's A Laxative Now Over The Counter Called Miralax, It Works Over Night, Not Right Away, But It's Ok To Use Frequently Or Daily, Where They Caution People To Use Laxatives Daily.

If It Was Me, I'd Eat A Big Ole Bowl Of Saurkraut And I'd Be Cleaned Out Within An Hour!!! V8 Juice Does It Also, Not 8oz Can, A Large Glass, 32 Oz Glass. And I've Found If I Eat Collar Greens It Does It Also.

Enough About Me Though!! Lol
    If All Else Fails, There's A Perscription One Called "golightly" Named Wrong!! You Drink 8oz Every Hour Until You Have A Bm, Comes In A Powder You Mix Water In, A Gallon Jug. It Will Clean Him Out Good.

If He Needs A Good Mild Safe Stool Softener, Senokot S Is A Good One To Take Daily.

Comment

My husband ocassionally has this problem if he forgets to take his fiber. Glycerin suppositories usually work in 30 minutes for him.

Comment

A big bowl of Barley salad always does it for me, better than anything!

Comment

Lactalose is a prescription laxative - works quick for DH but does require a "script". Also, DH must take 9 teaspoons of Metamucil a day to keep him working and if he takes the Metamucil as prescribed then he doesn't need the Lactalose. Start ur DH on a regular dosage of Metamucil - sounds like he is in dire need of more fiber.

Comment

Anything with Senekot in it will make him have a "moving" experience.

For myself, I find taking a massive dose of vitamin C works wonders

Comment

Metamucil... Hubby is very anal (pun intended) and cleans out weekly. He gets homefrom work friday nite. eats supper and before bed has few glasses. Not one after another but say one at 11pm then 1 at 2am. It comes in Berry Burst flavor now.. quite tastey.

Comment

From what I was told by a nurse (sorry none here) take an 8oz glass of prune juice and warm it up in the microwave. She said guaranteed to get you moving in an hour or less.

Huffle
                God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Jenny, That is shocking that the fleet, pre-surgery crap to drink, doesn't clean him out.. How can it not? His bowels must be made of steel !! LOL ! I hope he finds the miracle stuff before he explodes !! Good luck to him..

Comment

WAS THE STUFF HE DRANK IN A GREEN BOTTLE LIKE SPRITE/7UP? IF NOT GET ONE CALLED MAG CITRATE, MAGNESIUM CITRATE, LIKE YOU MENTIONED EARLIER, AND HAVE HIM GUZZLE THE WHOLE THING, THINK IT'S LIKE 12 OR 16 OZ, FOLLOW IT WITH SPRITE/7UP AND IT WON'T BE SO BAD (I'M TOLD, ANYWAY).

YOU KNOW, I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT YOUR DH WAS FULL OF SH...!!!!

J/K

Comment

Thats scary that the mag citrate didnt work for him! If the problem doesnt clear up real soon, please have him see a doctor! Dont mean to scare you, but I have seen a lot of patients not respond to laxatives due to some serious underlying medical issues.

I personally recommend Miralax because it works without cramping.

At work, if we have a "locked up" patient, the doctor recommends a cocktail of Miralax and Milk of Magnesia mixed with warm prune juice. It almost always works, unless theres a serious problem going on.

Comment

I know that there are some nursing homes that give their residents what is euphemistically referred to as "Power Pudding." You mix Grape Nuts, applesauce, and prune juice -- the bran cereal will absorb the liquid, so you might need to add more juice as it sits so that it keeps a pudding consistency. It tastes good and.....well, there's a reason it's called Power Pudding

Comment

This is a bad story to share... One time many years ago, I discovered orange essence prunes, they tasted like candy. My mom commented don't eat too many of those..... I told her nothing this good could cause something like that. Well I finished the bag. I then spend a fair part of that evening in the bathroom. I assure you they have the effect you hear about prunes, and I also suggest never eating a whole bag by yourself in one sitting !!!

Comment

LOL! Stepanie! Same here!
                            My DS has the problem of "not going" so he gets one CHERRY essence prune a day.
                            DD thought the same...it's fruit, what could be bad? long story short:

She was still pooping the next day at school...came home to say "I'll never eat another prune as long as I live momma!!!!!" Ha Ha Ha Ha

Comment

My mom has this problem frequently. I warm about 4oz of prune juice and add two tablespoons of milk of magnesia. Does the job!!!
                              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
                              X