Sinus Headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinus Headache

Have one..it is better today. My hon bought some nose spray for me yesterday named Afrin. It is good stuff in case anyone wants to get some to keep on hand if they get those headaches..they aren't fun. Had some prescribed allergy pills left and 800 MG Ibuprofen which has helped too. Anyway...Afrin helps alot if you have sinus headaches..hope this helps someone.

Re: Sinus Headache

Afrin is great for stuffy noses, but be careful, it can be addicting. Overuse can lead to the tissues swelling, and you really have a hard time breathing!! Been there done that!

Comment

Only suppose to use it for 3 days...tomorrow will be my 3rd day and then I will stop using it and see what happens. Hopefully it will be gone by then..we will see.

Comment

I heard Singular (sp) is supposed to be good too... (How can a cell phone company help with sinus headaches?) Ha! Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Excedrin with a coke can help too. Usually I just have to sleep it off in a dark room with little noise.
          You might try MyCranium(SP) nose spray too. I've heard that works well.

Comment

My niece swears by Excedrin Sinus. She gets sinus headaches alot

Comment

I had a dear friend have to have her nose reconstructed because of those nose sprays. Just use caution.

Does anyone remember those round Vicks tubes? I used to love them!
              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a Neti pot, for day to day health. I seldon use Afrin becasue of side effects-but wonderful stuff. I tend to live on Tylenol Sinus.......

Comment

Originally posted by Machele View Post
                  I have a Neti pot, for day to day health. I seldon use Afrin becasue of side effects-but wonderful stuff. I tend to live on Tylenol Sinus.......
                  ME TOO. And if I do use Afrin (or other) I only do one side.

Comment

When I get sinus headaches, first I use the neti pot, then lay down with hot packs on my face. What happens is your sinuses get so stuffed with gunk and your sinuses swell and they lay right on your brain. Also standing in a hot shower and let the hot water roll down your face helps also. Also the steam helps the sinuses drain.

Comment

cant use afrin here...I am on singular and its great (its mostly prescribed for asthma).
                      On allegra for allergies...nothing better than that (for me anyway)

Comment

tylenol sinus works well for me. also a hot shower with a shower soother
                        SHEL

Comment

A lady I work with used to suffer from Sinus Headaches and Infections a lot. She told me during my last sinus infection, that ever since she started getting the Pneumonia shots, they don't bother her anymore.. She doesn't know why, but I am going to try it this year to see if I can get some relief. I also use a Netti Pot, and am hooked on Benadryl Allergy Sinus Headache medicine...(only at night though!) If I am bothered by Sinus Headaches during the day, I use Tylenol Sinus also. Afrin Sinus is good, but I have had it make them worse sometimes too. Like it "compacts" it all up in my sinuses.. if that is possible....?
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My DD use to get sinus infections back to back, clear one up get another less than a week leter. Our doctor did not want to give more meds so he said use saline nose spray after a few weeks it cleared everything up and she has rarely had a problem since. I don't think it can hurt you so it might be worth trying.

Comment

Working...
                            X