back from the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from the hospital

well they didnt do what they made us think they were going to do. we thought he was having a bypass, but they went in and put a stent in instead something they were using broke off in his left leg because of sooo much build up. so they went in the right leg to retrieve it (and they got it out) and stented the right. now we will go thru this again in 2-3 weeks for the left. doc says he HAS to quit smoking or he WILL lose his legs! guess he will have to decide what is more important......smokes or legs. he is doing ok.......doppie.....er....lol then normal. he will be there til 11am tomm. going to take him mickie d's tonite when i go back up.
    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Re: back from the hospital

well he is at least off to a good start with the not smoking...they dont allow it in the hospital!
    as far as quiting...not that this might help you, but when I tried (SEVERAL times) to quit the only thing that worked for me was Zyban the pill (wellbutrin is the generic, same med/less expensive).
    Good luck to you both!

Comment

going to call our doc tomm and see what he can give us BOTH! lol

Comment

One down and just one more to go!!!! as for the smoking I smoked heavily for 28 years and quit cold turkey he can do it if he wants rather he needs help or not just hope he quits for everyones sake ...btw how is your dd doing now that surgery is over? hope things go good now, thinking of you hugs!

Comment

Just wanted to say hope everything goes well for your dh and for you!

Comment

Glad They Didn't Have To Do A Major Bypass. Glad He's Home And Ok.
            Don't Know How Much Chantix Is, But We've Had Nothing But Good Reports On It. Only Had One Patient Who Couldn't Take It. Think Someone Here Said They Couldn't Either, But We've Given It To Loads Of People.
            The Zyban/wellbutrin Tabs Help Also, But Not As Good As Results. Sometimes It Takes Something Like This To Open Peoples Eyes.
            It's Like That For Me With My Weight. I'm Big, But I Can Do Pretty Much What I Want Without Problem, Can Still Go Hiking, Etc. But I Have Such Bad Family History, Heart, Bp, Diabetes, I Should Know I Need To Loose Weight, But It'll Take That First Heart Attack Or Diabetes To Make Me Do It. It's Sad That I Know That Also. I Have No Will-power.

Good Luck

Comment

It's not just the smokes. He has to change his eating and exercising too. PAD is very similar to plaque in the arteries around the heart and needs the same sort of changes in life style. If he wants to be around to walk his daughters down the aisle, he MUST start following his doctor's orders. NO SMOKES, A LOW FAT DIET, MORE, MORE EXERCISE, LOSE WEIGHT, LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR LIFE AND THE FACT THAT YOU CAN STILL WALK ON TWO LEGS. (I won't even appologise for the capitals--this is a manageable disease if the person afflicted makes the effort) (((CHOP))) this is going to be just as hard on you because you will have to be the jailor.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Chop, this has been an interesting yr for you & your family. Hope things get better for all of you. My DH has not any of those problems but his weight & clorestral & blood pressure. FIL got a by pass seems the men in that family has heart problems. So DH said Jan he would eat healthy & loose weight, He lost 25lbs, walks, and his clorestral really went down. He has to do this the rest of his life, he even got more engery & doing things around the house. I wish I could say the same, he gets on me about it. He does have a cheat day.

Comment

Chop, I'm glad everything went well. Is he in a lot of pain?

Comment

I am glad he came through this ok and is on his way home. Hopefully next surgery will also go well.
                    I heard on the radio a few days ago that Chantix is being taken of the market because of some side effects ??? They didn't make it clear what the side effects were. I used to smoke and just quit cold turkey , 35 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I watched 2 friends die of lung cancer. Good luck to your husband ,Chop

Comment

Wishing the best for your hubby. YUPPER! Needs to stop smoking, change diet, start a walking routine to get back to good health.

Comment

enough bad talk...he's still here and has his legs.

((((((((((((CHOP))))))))))) your going to need alot of support with all the changes you will need to put in place.

Comment

Tell him to buy some Chantix to stop smoking...it works. If your insurance won't cover it..you will have to buy it. It isn't cheap to buy but, it is alot cheaper than buying cigs all the time. Being alive is more important than money. I used to smoke alot and I quit. If I can quit..anyone can. Hope all works out for him.

Comment

i pick him up today at 11. cottun....the only pain he was complaining about was his back. he said the board they had him on for the procedure had a lump in it. sabine.....i will call and talk to doc and see what he has to say about it. not sure BOTH of us can go cold turkey together and not kill each other lol. i have tried a couple of times before, and i did well til i was home with dh and he was smoking. then when i was at the hospital last nite, he said he hadnt even thought of smokes til i was sitting there with him. guess we trigger a smoke thing with each other. we had decided that after the legs were both taken care of, that we are going to start walking. well......he will walk.....i will limp/hobble and fall down a lot lol.

Comment

chop,
                              I am glad the surgery went well and he is home. I was going to see if he could get a patch to go home with, since he has not been smoking in the hospital and that is a good start.

Hopefully it will be a quick, painless recovery (from both the surgery and the no smoking)

good luck to you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X