Why we love CK's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we love CK's???

I think this should be a nice start to add into a thread. Guess some people had a little family disagreement so now let's say why we love to come in here. I will start, I love all my friends here. Some of you going threw some medical & financial problems. We all pray for you and try to help you out. Some of you are so funny that I just laugh so hard. So many personalities and so much fun & caring. This is a wonderful group of people that care. We may not see eye to eye but we still love eachother. Just like family. Times we just say it and it is funny or maybe not to others. Guess I got tough skin and crap don't bother me. I will say I learn so much everyday reading all the threads and also getting to know everyone. I really don't care about little things anymore, guess part of getting older. I really don't give a crap about who did or said or many personalities or crazy crap. I just like talking to all of you. I got to be the middle man at home. Make sure the house runs smooth & everyone gets along. Times can be tough but it all works out. It's done be the bigger person & move on.

Re: Why we love CK's???

oohhh, maybe everyone say something nice about three people? that's a nice way to get things moving and it makes everyone feel good.

Comment

I love Ck because.....

The people are.......
      funny
      non-judgemental
      helpful
      full of positive energy (usually! LOL)
      a wealth of knowledge
      darn cool to hang out with and I always wanted to be one of the cool kids! LOL

And, the recipes here are the best anywhere!!!!

Comment

I can post things that go on in my life and no one judges me...they offer advice and support... it's a mini therapy session for me!

Comment

WAIT! recipes? there are recipes here? REALLY?!?!?!? NO SH-T! This sites a KEEPER!!!!!

Comment

I enjoy coming here for my cooking questions. I always know someone will know the answer. I love to read about people's lives. I don't post as much as some do, but I'm here everyday. I don't get involved emotionally with anyone, but I do care about each and everyone of you as a whole.
            CK was my first message board after TSR shut down, so it holds a special place in my heart. There's been many adjustments, disagreements and moves, but I think that is what makes it so strong. I'm so glad I was part of the journey.

Comment

LOL @ Sewcute!!

Comment

I enjoy the camaraderie, it's like a family, one day I love ya, the next day I hate ya, then I love ya again.
                I like that we can talk to ya'll about problems and you give helpful answers or just make me feel better.
                I enjoy getting away from "real life" for my CK life. (oh, wait, I don't have a life! )
                Yes Sew, there are recipes, and that's what brought me to the site to begin with.
                I enjoy the "variety" of personalities, some laid back, some anxious, some bossy, some just don't give a sh...!
                and much more that I can't think of,

Thanks all!!!

Comment

I like to hear the opinion of others because it broadens my own perspective. I like talk radio for the same reason. I may not agree or change my own way of looking at the subject, but rather get an understanding of the opposite point of view.

Another reason I like CK is because the board gets a lot of action, but isn't so active that I can't keep up with it. Reviews of products and giving my own experience with products, I think, is very helpful for everyone.

Of course there are many wonderful recipes here. I've found a handful of recipes that are now "mine."

And although I don't do it often, it is nice to have a place to vent that doesn't upset the balance of life with face-to-face relationships.

I couldn't name three people, either. And very funny, Sewcute!!

Comment

I could name a LOT of people but I won't because I don't want to leave anyone out.

CK was my first message board that I joined and I've been here for a long time. I've seen ones come and go. I've heard peoples problems; offered a shoulder to cry on (at times it has gotten quite soggy); heard about great joys and accomplishments.

This is a great place to be and I really enjoy the people and the recipes.

So, if you see something that disturbs you - SOB (scroll on by). Whatever it is will be dealt with so don't get your knickers in a knot. Enjoy life and choose happiness.

Comment

Yes I love the recipes and I like to be able to "talk" to guys about anything and give my opinions on such and such-and you won't hold it against me the next time you see me at the grocery or church---because you don't really know who I am.

Comment

I joined for the recipes without ever finding the message board for quite a while. Being that all I do is work and come home, and I live in a new town where I dont know anyone, I rely a lot on the people on this board for company (thats scary, isnt it? ). When I need a laugh, advice, or just to vent, I come here. I have learned so much! I cant name 3 people either, but thats another thing I've come to like about coming here - I know who I trust and who I dont and I can keep that info to myself and not cause drama by sharing it with anyone.

Comment

This is the second message board that I joined. I quit the first one when it took longer to load all the 'personal' graphics than it took to read the messages.

There is something liberating, about being a 'voice in the shadows'. I often find myself stating my true feelings and opinions because I don't have to look you in the eye. I also find myself caring more for all you folks that I have never met face-to-face, than for many that I see every day.

I don't post many recipes but have copied a whole bunch. I like the comments and changes that go with many of these recipes. It's like having my own test kitchen!
                          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

i came looking for a recipe and wouldnt even check out the chat boards. i had been over at tsr and there some nasty people (can we say steve? lol) over there so i didnt want to try again. but my sis....addictedtolost.....finally got me convinced it wasnt like that and everyone was sooooo nice and helpful. so i came into chat in the middle of a grea war! lol. cant remember who was fighting or about what. but i stayed, and found me another family here. some have left and never returned, some have come back.........and some have come back but we dont know who they are, and that is ok too.
                            http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

i enjoy ck for the fact that when i need a recipe it can usually be found here or someone will find one for you. when you need suggestions, need to vent there are many here who listen to you. it seems like we are all old friends--sometimes you guys know more about me than my friends do--as i find it easier to write about things than talk about them.
                              SHEL

Comment

Working...
                              X