Home Depot Carpet Experience (vent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Carpet Experience (vent)

I Am Trying To Get New Carpet In My Rental House As The Old Tennent Had Trouble W/ Letting His Dog Out To Pee. I Had The Carpet Professionally Cleaned Twice And Couldn't Get The Smell Out. Here Is My Story:

Old Tennent Moves Out, I Have The Carpets Cleaned. New Tennents Move In--after A Few Days They Call And Say The Place Smells Like Wett Dog.

I Have The Carpets Cleaned Again. This Time He Uses A Stronger Deoderizer. Couple Days Later They Call Again The House Still Stinks.

I Decide To Get New Carpet. Go To Home Depot On Memorial Day. They Schedule A Measure For Wednesday, Will Have Quote For Me On Thursday Should Have New Carpet By Monday Or Tuesday. Sounds Good.

Dh Says He Is Going To Busy Over The Weekend Planting Beans, Doesn't Know When We Can Get Down And Pull The Carpet. So We Go Memorial Day Night And Pull Up The Carpet.

I Call Thursday Afternoon For My Quote. The Girl Who Does Them Is Out W/ A Family Emergency. Call On Friday When The Other Girl Will Be In.

I Stop Friday Night On My Way Home And Pay For My Carpet. Girl Says They Will Call Monday Or Tuesday.

Tuesday I Call Home Depot Haven't Heard From The Installers. The Girl Will Call And Find Out What Is Going On, She'll Call Me Right Back.

Wednesday I Call Home Depot At 11:30, As I Hadn't Heard From The Girl From Tuesday. She'll Look Into It Again And Get Back To Me. At 3:00 I Call Home Depot And Ask For A Store Manager To Help Get This Worked Out. As I Am On Hold While He Is Checking With The Girl The Installers Call--they Can Install The Carpet Next Wednesday Or Thursday. I Said Nope That Wont Work. The Manager Come Back And Tell Him About My Call With The Installers, He Say The Girl Will Call As They Need To Install My Carpet This Week. The Carpet I Bought Says Will Be Installed 72 Hours After The Carpet Is Paid For.

So I Call A Friend Of A Friend Who Installs Carpet, Ha Can Install The Carpet On Saturday. Ok, Not Great But Ok.

I Call Home Depot Back And Tell Him I Have My Own Intaller, He Says Give Him A Few Minutes They Are Working On Getting My Carpet Installed This Week.

Last Night At 7:00 I Call Home Depot Again To See What Is Going On, Asking What I Can Do To Get My Carpet So My Installer Can Install The Carpet. I Get Some Guy Who Is Incharge Of The Flooring Department. They Can't Get The Carpet For Me It Is The Installers, But If I Wanted I Could Come In And Pick Some Instock Carpet. I Tell Him: I Am Working A 40 Acre Field So My Dh Can Plant Bean--i Can't Get There Tonight. I Then Ask About The 72 Housr Policy, He Says The Installers Left Me A Message On Monday And I Didn't Call Them Back, So That Is Now Null. I Asked Him If I Would Have Gotten That Message, Don't You Think I Would Have Called Them Back As I Have Now Called Home Depot 5 Times To See About The Insallation.

I Will Be Calling The Main Store Manager As This Is A Bunch Of Bull.

Sorry This Was Long, But It Feels Good To Get It Of My Chest.
    SHEL

Re: Home Depot Carpet Experience (vent)

How frustrating. I'm so sorry Shel.

Comment

I can understand your frustration, you are getting the run around for sure.
      I didn't know that Home Depot sold carpet. But then I avoid that store if al possible , or I send SO to get whatever. But he doesn't like to go there either.

Comment

I'd Be Getting My Money Back And Going Somewhere Else!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          I'd Be Getting My Money Back And Going Somewhere Else!!!
          IF THOSE POOR KIDS WERE W/OUT CARPET FOR OVER A WEEK ALREADY I WOULD. AND I STILL MIGHT. I REALLY WANT TO TELL HOME DEPOT TO STUFF THEIR SALE.
          SHEL

Comment

I had the worst time with home depot carpet ever. Call their Georgia headquarters and tell them what is going on right away. When they put in my carpet it started coming off the floor 2 days later. They came out found out they used the wrong padding. 2 motnhs later the carpet is coming off the floor again, turns out it was not even the carpet I ordered, so they re did the whole thing. Oh did I mention that the first installers also stole my playstation? Made a police report and the whole thing. The headquarter lady was nice and they paid for the play station and took a huge chunk of money off the carpet, but it was so bad I will tell everyone I know NEVER to use them. Call HQ right now and tell them to fix the problem.

Comment

I would cancel the order too. After all of the fuss you have made, I wouldn't trust them in my home.

Comment

Oh thats terrible! I would walk in w/cell phone in hand and demand district managers number and call while there until you get this resolved you and your hubby are such hard workers and dont deserve to be treated this way!

Comment

How frustrating. Sorry you have to deal with this.

Also, just a suggestion. As long as there isn't any carpet in there right now, you might want to consider sealing the floor with a heavy duty sealer. I had a friend that had a house with the same smells. They replaced the carpet twice and couldn't get rid of the smell. Everytime it would get humid it would smell like cat pee. Finally they ripped the carpet out, scrubbed the floor with a septic/sewer cleaner, and sealed the wood. Then they laid the new carpet. The smell has not yet resurfaced, it was about 3 years ago.

Comment

Sorry you have all this to go thru, Shel. I had a similar experience when I was selling my old house, but I bought the carpet at Lowes, and they went out of their way to work with me!

They promised me an install date, but then realized they didnt have enough carpet to do the job, so 2 days before the promised date, they went to a store in another state to get it. Then the installer they chose to do the job couldnt come do it when it needed to be done, so they kept trying to get other installers to do it for me. Finally, they found an installer to come do it ON the promise date, and they finished 6 rooms of carpet and the stairs in 4 hours, because they brought 8 people with them and they were all working at once.

Home Depot is closer to me, but I will always go out of my way to deal with Lowes instead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy View Post
                      How frustrating. Sorry you have to deal with this.

Also, just a suggestion. As long as there isn't any carpet in there right now, you might want to consider sealing the floor with a heavy duty sealer. I had a friend that had a house with the same smells. They replaced the carpet twice and couldn't get rid of the smell. Everytime it would get humid it would smell like cat pee. Finally they ripped the carpet out, scrubbed the floor with a septic/sewer cleaner, and sealed the wood. Then they laid the new carpet. The smell has not yet resurfaced, it was about 3 years ago.
                      THANKS. I HAVE A SEALER THAT I AM WAITING TO PUT ON THE FLOOR. THE GUY THAT SOLD IT TO SAID MAKE SURE THE ROOM IS WELL VENTED AS IT WILL SMELL WORSE THAT THE DOG PEE WHILE IT IS DRYING. SO I WANTED TO DO IT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CARPET WAS TO BE INSTALLED.

I AM LOOKING INTO FINDING CAPRET THAT THE INSTALLER I FOUND FOR SATURDAY CAN INSTALL, BUT IT IS HARD WITH BEING AT WORK AND THEN GOING HOME TO HELP DH.
                      SHEL

Comment

Good idea about sealing the underfloor, crissy!!

I remember reading a long story about companies w/ the WORST customer service and Home Depot was WAY up there in front!

How frustrating for you! I'm w/ the one who suggested walking in w/ your cell phone... only I think I'd demand the number of the President of the company!! What they're doing to you ain't right!!!
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
                        X