Strange weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange weather

Yesterday it was about 55 and raining. Today our weather reached a new record - we reached 90 with a heat index of 104 - hot and muggy. It is going to be like this all summer - eeeeeek

Re: Strange weather

That's what it was doing this "spring" one day cold, the nextday hotter 'n he!!. You've got us beat though, 97 with heat index of 100, real humid, stormed last night, suppose to storm this evening again.

Comment

Wow Rubelishous that's very hot and humid and it's only the beginning of June...I hear that Environment Canada is predicting, that this will be one of the hottest summers across Canada from coast to coast...I'm not a big fan of heat, and the humidity wipes me out...We have had rain all day and at times very heavy...Over 50 mm so far, with more on the way...I want the sun to come back!
      A friend is one who walks in when others walk out
      ~Walter Winchell

Comment

I don't mind the heat but am glad that we don't live in the city any more. Seems the concrete jungle just traps the heat and stiffles the wind. The humidity is hard to take though.

Where are you located Cheft?
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

We're in Winnipeg, Manitoba
          ~Walter Winchell

Comment

Originally posted by cheft View Post
            Wow Rubelishous that's very hot and humid and it's only the beginning of June...I hear that Environment Canada is predicting, that this will be one of the hottest summers across Canada from coast to coast...I'm not a big fan of heat, and the humidity wipes me out...We have had rain all day and at times very heavy...Over 50 mm so far, with more on the way...I want the sun to come back!
            Just think of how hot that will make it down here!!! Thank God for A/C and indoor jobs!!! DH works out in this heat. I don't know how he does it! I buy him plenty of Gatorade/Powerade.

Comment

We had a hum-dinger of a lightening storm last night and are supposed to have thunder-boomers tonight & tomorrow

Comment

The weather has been crazy...We have had three tornadoes so far this year
                ~Walter Winchell

Comment

Ohhhh Winterpeg! We lived there for 3 years, many many moons ago. I still remember trying to cross the street at Portage and Main, and the wind just pushing me back.

How are your mosquitos this year? Still big enough to carry off a small child?

Comment

LOL!!! Isn't that the truth...So far we haven't had any mosquitos...But with all this recent rain it's just a matter of days until those blood suckers are out! Hide the children!!!
                    ~Walter Winchell

Comment

our weather has been strange also. from record breaking highs........to record breaking high-lows in just 3 days. now we are running below normal, in the 90's instead of 100's. but it is dry!!!!!!! swamp cooler works really good
                      http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

It has been so hot here in Michigan. We had hot weather one day and the next night a frost advisory. Right now it is so hot. Yesterday it was nearly 100 degrees and today it is in the high 80s. We did have some storms yesterday. Is this part of that Global warming stuff?

Comment

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - 90+ with high humidity. It's only early June will it ever end?

Comment

I absolutely will not complain about the hot weather. I had such a horrible long, achy winter, that I promised myself to soak up as much warmth and sunlight as possible. I also am planning on taking the Mediteranian approach to this hot weather. Get up early, do what needs to be done then, relax in the afternoon--sleep if I want to--and then do other stuff as the day cools.

Comment

Working...
                            X