Eye twitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye twitch

Ok, I have an obnoxious eye twitch in my right upper eyelid. Driving me crazy for the past 3 days. What does it mean? I searched the forums and nothing really gave me any info. I don't really feel steresses...who isn't, though right? Do I use the pc too much? Prob. Do I not sleep enough...prob. I've heard caffeine helps and then I have heard it's the reason behind it. Everyone has their opinion, but what's going on really? Any theories? Thanks!!!
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Re: Eye twitch

Funny you should post this, I had the worst twitch in my eyelid for a few days this week. It was driving me insane!! My boyfriend suggested a banana and I thought yeah right, so I looked it up and read it somewhere online as well. I guess it's the magnesium or potassium in the banana. I ate one and it either it was coincidence or it helped, either way try a banana and see if it works for you also.

Comment

Well I had the same problem but it would pull my mouth to one side and I went the the eye dr. and this is what he called it.
      I do notice when I get stressed out it starts twiching and to much caffeine will triger it as well.
      no know treatment for this..

It's termed: Facial Myokymia, and it is a form of involuntary muscular movement.
      Usually nothing serious and may be related to stress, fatique, too much exercise, caffeine, smoking, alcohol, medications,...etc

I have notice since this post that I have relieved some STRESS and things have been better....

Comment

I have an eyelid that will twitch when my eyes are tired. If you wear glasses, it may be signalling that you need a new prescription. If you don't wear glasses, maybe you should have your eyes checked anyway.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Thanks! I guess I will pop a banana and sleep on it. I am pregnant so maybe this is just another annoying part of it that my body is changing and I have no control over it! I don't wear glasses and right now I 99% cut out caffeine. So that's not it. I have had a fruit craving for the last two months. Seriously I can eat a whole canteloupe in one sitting. I ate 2# of bing cherries in two days last wk. LOL. So there must not be the lacking ingredients in any of this. Hmm. Apparently not enough bananas in the mix. I'll see.
          www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X