Kentucky Burgoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Burgoo

How about Kentucky Burgoo? Anyone ever ate any burgoo? YUM!

Re: Kentucky Burgoo

A site all about it. Sounds like a fun to make meal.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ky/burgoo/
    I still play with my food

Comment

Sounds very interesting.... Lots of ways to make it.. I always love a good stew..
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes I eat ky burgoo because I live in Ky. Its the greatest. Its sold at all the picnics we have here in Owensboro ky by catholic churches. Now I think its 15 dollars a gallon but we have a recipe and make our own . Then we freeze it to eat later.

Comment

We dont call it burgoo here, its just called a "stew". Local papers advertise when the "stew" will be. Thats what they call the event - a "stew". I think its something like $5.00 for a quart here. My familys favorite was the sheep stew. One year when I was a kid, my parents went to the local stew to pick up a few quarts for dinner. My mom came back disgusted - she said she had seen an old man that she knew from town accidently spit tobacco into the stew. Of course she refused to buy it, and she caused a scene by warning off the other customers who were in line to buy some.

Comment

Working...
          X