• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janabanana
    CopyKat Chatter
    • Jun 2006

Re: Seven Seas Creamy Italian

I wonder if their whole line is discontinued and not just Creamy Italian..

Comment

• Sabine
      Grand Master Chef
      • Jun 2006

Yes, it makes you wonder. Didn't seven seas make the green godess dressing ?

Comment

• janabanana
        CopyKat Chatter
        • Jun 2006

I think so Sabine.. Maybe Lauren should check E-Bay? They sell everything there! hahahah !

Comment

• nuisance
          Grand Master Chef
          • Jun 2006

I'll Check My Big Lots Here Also. And Grocery Stores
          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• LaurenB
            CopyKat Chatter
            • Apr 2007

Thank y'all so much for looking! Believe it or not, I can't even find it on E-bay! Or Amazon.... I still see Green Goddess though. Kraft bought out Seven Seas, from what I understand, and have just taken it upon themselves to discontinue the Creamy Italian.. Why? I don't know. It is truly a one of a kind.......

I think it is just going to be one of those weird flukes where some grocery store may still have some in stock..I'm hoping that someone runs across it.... Dan is very flattered to have so many people looking for it for him!
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• janabanana
              CopyKat Chatter
              • Jun 2006

Darn ! I didn't know Kraft bought out 7-Seas.. I didn't even look at our Kraft bottles for Creamy Italian.. If I find it, would Kraft work?

Comment

• Catpersona
                • Jun 2006

Oh I loved creamy italian, haven't had that in years. And creamy cucumber, ymmmm. I wish I could find that too.

Comment

• LaurenB
                  CopyKat Chatter
                  • Apr 2007

The general consensus is that the Kraft Brand Creamy Italian is not good. I only found this when I was googling the 7 seas dressing. Evidently, there is a whole message board at Kraft about this!! People other than Dan are seriously pissed that they discontinued this dressing!! He is not happy either, but he has not yet "campaigned" for them to bring it back!

So, now I am thinking... If anyone does luck into finding this dressing.. First, be a Pal and hook me up, but then, buy every bottle they have, and then start an auction on E-bay!!! You WILL make some serious $$ from what I can gather!
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Huffle
                    • Sep 2006

Lauren try this link.
                    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.htm?SiteId=1&Product=4680008790

You can put in your zip code and it is supposed to tell you where it is, but the kraft site has a thread about 5 pages long of people complaining about it being discontinued and not finding it.

Huffle
                    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

• kelsjanel
                      • Aug 2007

Seven Seas Creamy Italian is in one of my family recipes and they discontinued it, I emailed Kraft about it and they said they are sorry they discontinued it. I asked if I could just buy like a bunch from them and they said they can't do that. I was/am very upset about it. Nothing compares to it. I heard on another recipe site that people repalce it with Kroger creamy italian but I can't even get that! We only have Fred Meyer around here and they don't sell it. I would love to get ahold of it if anybody can find it!
                      Kelsey

Comment

• nuisance
                        Grand Master Chef
                        • Jun 2006

I went to the store on the way home. Looked at the salad dressing, wasn't a creamy italian in the whole lot!! Any brand.

I thought Italians were greasy not creamy! lol

Comment

• nuisance
                          Grand Master Chef
                          • Jun 2006

I have no life and nothing to do, so I was searching the WWW for a recipe, I found this, from people complaining about Seven Seas Creamy Italian drsg being dicontinued. Also, in another part of the same thread they said the Kroger brand Creamy Italian Dressing tasted just like seven seas.

CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING
                          This is a recipe I use to make my own creamy Italian dressing

1 envelope of good seasons Italian dressing
                          2 tbs sugar
                          1 c. mayo
                          Stir together
                          Whisk in 3 tbs vinegar (red or white)
                          Stir in 1/4 c. milk

Chill, if it gets too thick just add a little more milk.

Comment

• LaurenB
                            CopyKat Chatter
                            • Apr 2007

Thanks Nu! Got the ingredients on my shopping list!
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• BJinTexas
                              CopyKat Chatter
                              • Jun 2006

I looked again at a local store (HEB), they had the SS Creamy Italian a couple weeks ago when I went to the store. Yesterday, on the shelf, next to the SS Green Goodess, the shelf was empty. A stocker nearby said that they had just removed it. He didn't know where it was going.

Comment

Working...
                              X