Wednesday Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Surgery

Ok folks surgery is set for 8:45 am on Wednesday. I do preop Monday. Since it will be in the morning my son will not be able to be there since he will not get off work in time to come with and he does not have a car. So I am pouting a bit. But I'll get over it.

I am having flat foot reconstruction, bunionectomy and achilles tendon lengthining surgerys. So a lot of bone cutting the outside of my foot they will totaly cut the bone and put a graft in and secure it with a plate and pins. Two screws at the base of my foot where the long big toe bone connects. Remove the bunion and some other pieces of bone that are sticking out. Cut the Achillies tendon and lengthen it with a graft. Can we say OUCH! I'll be in the hospital 24 hours.
    I will be off my feet totaly the first two weeks with it elevated 24/7 (except potty breaks) in a surgical splint. Then they will put me in a boot cast still no weight bearing for another 4 weeks. Then I will start to slowly put weight on it after the 4 week check up and xray's if all is ok.
    From what I have read and the discussion board I found it is a very painful procedure. So I'll be doing a lot of ice and elevating. I'll be at my nieces the first two weeks untill I am in the boot, since we have the black lab I dont want to take any chances of her jumping up on the splint or knocking me over when I am realy dopie the first two weeks. So DS2 is staying by himself watching the dog and cat. (he is 17) Plus her place is a one story house with only a single step down into the living room.

I doubt that I'll be able to post the first few weeks. But I'll keep Lauren and Nu up to date on how it is going so they can tell you all. One of the main things we are concerned about is infection since I am on immune suppresents for an autoimmune disorder. I stop taking those today untill the stitches come out two weeks afterwords.

Just kind of starting to get nervous about this all now. I have almost everything ready to go tuesday night to my nieces.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Re: Wednesday Surgery

Oh my , that all sounds so painful. I will be thinking of you and hope that all will go well with no complications. ((( Huffle )))

Comment

How about if I bring dinner by on Saturday morning? That will give you a couple of days to "recover", and I can cook Friday night and then come by on Saturday? If I find that I can get my cookin' done before then, I can bring it Thurs or Fri.. Shall we "play by ear"?
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Oh, I hate that you son can't be there!! What hospital are you having it done at? I'll put you on our Prayer list at work, and if ya want, I can put you on the list for one of our Pastors to come and visit you, either right before, or right after, depending on where you're at....One of them will most likely already be at AMH, or the one on Matlock.. What ever they are calling that one these days! I still call it HCA....
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What a pal you are Lauren ! Huffle, wishing you a speedy recovery. I was going to say painless too, but after reading what you said, sounds like you'll be in a lot of pain. Good luck.

Comment

Check your PM's Lauren! hehe
            God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

((((HUGS))))) Hope everything goes great and the pain pills work.

Comment

Huffle, im in waco, not that far,i can only travel on weekends but if i can help let me know.i'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you. (check your pm's) My bosses wife had a reconstruction surgery on her foot this year, she got 8 screws!!! your lucky, only 2!

I had to laugh with/at my boss, she had to have 2 screws replaced, so while she was in surgery he came to the office a few minutes, did paper work. I told him the paper work would wait, I thought his wife needed him more, he said "she's with another man right now". I had to laugh and tell him, "Yeah, and getting screwed, twice" lol.

good luck, keep your spirits up.
                  Jackie

Comment

Huffle I wish you the best, once it's over then you can relax & heal. We will miss you and hope you can get back real soon to talk to us. Talking to us will keep your mind off of it.

Comment

Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Prayers are with you. I am recovering from surgery now. It isn't any fun, but in the long run it is usually what is best for us.

Sounds like you have a lot of people in Texas ready to cook for you. Hope you are painfree and back to normal quickly.

Lisa
                          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I hope you have little pain and a speedy recovery! How lucky are you to have pals close by who want to help out?? You'll be in my prayers, huffle!
                            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I will be thinking of you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X