Do you go to movies alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you go to movies alone?

People look at me SO funny when I tell them I love to go to the movies by myself! Been doing it since high school! One friend was so upset that I went to see Silence of the Lambs myself, she tried to get me to sleep at her house rather than go home to mine alone (wasn't married then).

I'm probably gonna see Sex and the City alone tomorrow. Babe would rather have another rectum than see it (or just about any movie in a theater) and I love the dark theater and popcorn and Milk Duds and no one chatting at me or reaching over for my popcorn thru the movie!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Do you go to movies alone?

I not only like to go to the movies by myself I enjoy an empty theatre too. I don't like to hear people laughing or crunching their popcorn in my ear!

I went to see Sex In The City with a girl friend and she would make a comment when something happened in each sceen. I went yesterday to see it by myself and enjoyed it even more.

Guess I'm one of the weird ones.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I have gone by myself in the past, but enjoy it more if I have either SO or girlfriend with me. That way you can talk about the movie later on, which I like to do. We don't go very often , and when we do, we go to the matinee, mid - week and quite often we are the only ones there.

Comment

I go alone - no problem. Sometimes my friends aren't available or they don't want to see what I want to see. I've even gone to a movie complex and they've gone to see one movie while I've gone to a different one

Comment

Never in my life! Nor have I ever ate alone in a restaurant. I have a complex of people thinking I don't have any friends... hahaha..

Comment

I'm with you Ro-ro. I would rather see a movie alone with my choice of seats, not sharing pop corn and be free of someone chattering in my ear

Comment

I frequently go to the movies alone. For some movies it is my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                Never in my life! Nor have I ever ate alone in a restaurant. I have a complex of people thinking I don't have any friends... hahaha..
                I usually go eat lunch by myself if I am out running errands, beauty shop that kind of stuff. I don't mind, usually have a book with me or magazine. I don't mind, I can pick where I like to eat, not all bad.

Comment

I go to movies by myself a lot and it doesnt bother me at all. I WONT go out to eat by myself. Its not that I mind being alone. I just feel like I'm being stared at by other tables of customers if I am eating alone. When I went to Applebees around Christmastime alone, they said that single diners had to sit at the bar and eat. And because I was hungry, I did. But I got outta there as fast as I could. Sitting at a bar alone is not a good place for a single woman who just wants to eat and not be bothered!

Comment

my sister goes to the movies alone a couple times a week..she enjoys her alone time..this way she can concentrate on the movie..

Comment

I don't mind going alone. But I realy like to take one of my sons with me that way it gives us a nice experience together and something to talk about. You have to do something when they get older to stay in touch.

Huffle
                      God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I have gone to the movies alone many times. There are movies that I want to see and I know they don't appeal to my DH at all. If he went with me there'd be a lot of long looks at me and lots of sighing. I went to see Baby Mama alone and glad I did. He would have hated it. I thought it was kind of funny and cute.

Comment

I'm with Jana on this one. I have never been to a movie alone or eaten alone. I always worry about people that I see alone. I wonder if they have lost their wife/husband. I don't want people to feel that way about me. I am strange I guess
                          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I would feel more comfortable eating alone than going to the movies alone. I guess just because it's dark in the movies and more of an empty feeling.

Comment

I don't go to movies. I cannot stand the noise, or the people moving about. Any movie worth watching is worth waiting for on DVD, or through DirectTV.

Comment

Working...
                              X