Buttermilk Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttermilk Powder

I recently discovered this in the grocery store. Has anyone use it before? I'm not much of a buttermilk user so I thought this would be good to have on hand in the pantry.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Buttermilk Powder

I agree! I havent seen it here yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it. I can only find buttermilk in quarts here, and if I buy it for a recipe, I usually have to toss out over half a jug!

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
      I agree! I havent seen it here yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it. I can only find buttermilk in quarts here, and if I buy it for a recipe, I usually have to toss out over half a jug!
      If you have your own septic system (not city water) dump unused buttermilk down your toilet! Neighbors here tell us they use it instead of Rid-X for keeping the good bacteria thriving in your septic!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I Have Some, Used It Several Time, Haven't Had A Problem, Unless You Want The Thickness Of Butter Milk. It Says To Mix It With Water, It's Just To Thin That Way, I Mix Mine With Milk.

Comment

Just freeze your leftover buttermilk in whatever size your fav recipe uses. Then just thaw, it is the same-may have to shake it up a bit.

Comment

Wellsms, I do the same thing. Although I have a 6-week bran muffin recipe that calls for 4 cups of buttermilk--perfect, no leftovers.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I have used it with great results. Mostly the refridgerator bran muffins. Works wonderful and no buttermilk taste. I have seen it for years in California and out here in Texas.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I've used it for years too. In groceries in my area it's in the baking aisle.

Comment

Working...
                X