"flood day" no school!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "flood day" no school!

We only had two days of school left and they had to cancel classes today in all the local districts because of FLOODING!

If anyone has been to Wisconsin Dells, you will be familiar with Lake Delton. Well folks, it's gone! The dam let go and took some houses with it. Now there is just a river going through. That will put a damper on the 'water shows'. Weird.

A dozen teachers left school this morning. They were closing all the roads around the town they were living in..... can't get in and out now. I know the weather is getting strange but- - wow. We have dams all over Southern, Wisconsin failing. Roads and highways are closed. One of our local communities are completely cut-off (no open roads in or out).
    At least no one has been hurt. They have set up a dozen emergency shelters.

Re: "flood day" no school!

I saw on the news all the flooding in the midwest. Hope you are OK and no flood damage. Kids must be happy to get out of school early.

Comment

a day out of school is wonderful, but it is sad about the flooding. I hope everyone continues to stay safe.
      We haven't had a major damaging flood here since 1940. My grandfather had to deliver my dad because the doctor couldn't get to them. It was 9 days before my dad was seen by a doctor.

A lot of disasters happening in the last couple of months around the world.
      DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Machele .. it is wild about the Dells huh!!! I have been watching the news all day.

Comment

Yeah, the water drained out of the lake pretty quickly I guess. They had news footage of a duck walking on the lake bottom! DH hasn't figured out how to get to work as most of the roads are closed!

Comment

they showed pictures on TV this morning about the dam breaking and houses being washed away. So awful.

Comment

Yikes!! And the flooding in the north is what's filling up our lakes to flood stage! A whole lake gone?? How weird that must look!!

Our big lakes are FINALLY beginning to recede after being 30 feet above normal for a few months. Unfortunately, many of the campgrounds around the lake and the marinas are having record vacation cancellations... what a shame!!

We (jokingly) taking responsibility for the weird weather here... convinced that we've tipped the cosmic balance by moving here!! But... I'm not taking responsility for Wisconsin!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

There have been all kinds of people treasure hunting with their metal detectors in the 'lake'. A couple of the fellow teachers were going over after work to hunt for long lost boat anchors. I guess if you had a fishing license, you had your pick of fish. The damn was holding but the water went up and over. After awhile it starting eroding the soil next to the damn, the road and once that stuff started flowing, it took everything downstream to the Wisconsin river. I guess the houses kept floating for quite a while! DH still can't get to work, to many roads are closed.

Comment

Who would of thought to go treasure hunting? Hope they find some good stuff. Hope the roads open up soon. What a mess.

Comment

Working...
                  X