Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cream

why is it that it is so hard to find lemon custard ice cream now. Anyone have a good recipe for homemade lemon custard ice cream...

and while we are talking about ice cream, just wanted to share that the new Ben and Jerry's ice cream John Lennon Imagine Whirled Peace is wonderful. I actually like it more than Chunky Monkey
    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Re: Ice Cream

I heard Ben & Jerry stores are having soft serve ice cream. Now Luv you just need anything thing you want so you can heal after your surgery. How are you doing also how is Mom??? I think about you often and hope the best for you & your family.

Comment

OMG--My DD#1 loves John Lennon--I will have to surprise her with that ice cream. I probably will have to have some for myself as well, I love Chunky Monkey!!

Comment

I Absolutely Love Lemon Custard Ice Cream. I'm Thinking I Posted One Here When I Made It After I Got My Ice Cream Maker. I'll Look, And If It's Not Here, I'll Find The One I Made. It's Not As Easy As Making Regular Ole Ice Cream

Comment

that sounds great...I will be waiting
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Originally posted by roset View Post
            I heard Ben & Jerry stores are having soft serve ice cream. Now Luv you just need anything thing you want so you can heal after your surgery. How are you doing also how is Mom??? I think about you often and hope the best for you & your family.

I am actually not healing as quickly as I thought, but he said that he had to cut a lot. I go back Thursday to get my staples out.

Mom is still in the hospital. They are doing one more test to see if the MRSA went to the bone in her finger. We are praying that it didn't. Thank you for asking about us. It means a lot.
            DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

I can't find the one I used. This is from Taste of Home, and they're always good! lol
              It's pretty close to what I made.

Lemon Custard Ice Cream
              Taste of Home

I found this recipe several years ago and make it whenever I have the opportunity. One thing I like about this ice cream--other than the pleasant lemon taste--is that it does not turn icy the next day. -Susan Litwak Bellevue, Nebraska

SERVINGS: 16

CATEGORY: Low Sodium

METHOD: Freezer

TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Freeze: 2 hours

Ingredients:
              2 cups sugar
              1/4 cup all-purpose flour
              1/4 teaspoon salt
              4 cups milk
              4 eggs, lightly beaten
              3 cups heavy whipping cream
              1 cup lemon juice
              Directions:
              In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
              Whisk a small amount of hot milk mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
              Remove from the heat; stir in cream and lemon juice. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
              Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.

Comment

Thank you so much. I am going to have my son make that for me if I don't feel like doing it.

It sounds great. You have made my day.
                DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

I've never had lemon ice cream but I sure do wish Ben and Jerry's would bring back Wavy Gravy!!!

What is in the John Lenon ice cream?
                  "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

caramel and sweet cream ice cream, chocolate peace signs and toffee cookies. It is great
                    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

In our area we can buy Stroh's Brand Ice cream - Lemon Custard - it sells like hot cakes

Comment

oh that sounds delicious.....Can't wait to get some.
                        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

As A Kid In So. Calif. Everytime We'd Go To The Grocery Store, Alpha-beta, I'd Make Mom Buy Me An Ice Cream Cone, And Get Lemon Custard Every Time.

I Found The Low Carb Lemon Ice Cream Tastes Alot Like It Also.

It's Really Hard To Find Ready Made. Braums Occ Has It.

Comment

I forgot about this one, in the recent TOH mag. I'm going to try is soon.

From Taste of Home

On a recent trip to Italy, I became addicted to gelato. My favorite choice was lemon because Italian lemons have an intense flavor. This recipe brings back memories of our vacation. —Gail Wang, Troy, Michigan

LEMON GELATO
                            SERVINGS 8

METHOD Freezer
                            PREP 30 min.
                            TOTAL 30 min.

INGREDIENTS
                            1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

5 egg yolks, beaten

3 tablespoons grated lemon peel

3/4 cup lemon juice

2 cups heavy whipping cream

DIRECTIONS
                            In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Add lemon peel. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
                            Remove from the heat; strain. Stir in lemon juice. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cream. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
                            Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.

Nutrition Facts
                            One serving: 2/3 cup Calories: 361 Fat: 26 g Saturated Fat: 15 g Cholesterol: 213 mg Sodium: 40 mg Carbohydrate: 31 g Fiber: 0 g Protein: 4 g Lemon Gelato

Comment

Working...
                            X