How often do you shop for groceries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you shop for groceries?

Hi, Just curious on how often you shop for groceries.

Once a month I go to Sam's Club/Costco or BJ's Warehouse to stock up on meat and chicken. Otherwise, I just go as often as I need to. I have a Sweetbay, Publix and Winn-Dixie Supermarkets right around the corner from where I live.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: How often do you shop for groceries?

Sam's Club every 4-6 weeks as a rule. I have always gone to the grocery store once a week. Should I forget anything, it waits until the following week. I hate spending part of a day off standing in a line somewhere. For years I didn't drive, and Former DH had time only for 1 grocery trip a week. I learned early on to get everything I needed in 1 trip. No, I don't run to a 7-11 or other such store either.

Comment

Get Parishable Stuff Usually Every Weekend, Get Dh's Stuff For His Lunch, Meat To Get Thru Weekend. I Usually Keep A Good Supply Of Canned Goods And Frozen Veggies, So I Dont' Need To Buy Them Until They Come On Sale Again.

I Hit Sams Every 4-6 Wks Also. And Spend Too Much Money Every Time!! Lol
      I Did A Email Survey Once, One Question Was, Where Is One Store You Could Max Out Your Credit Card. I Said Sams! Lol

Comment

I know what you mean.....I could spend a forture at Sam's Club....oh wait...I have!!!!!
        "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

We are doing really large costco trips once a quarter right now, the nearest Costco is miles away. We go to the store about every 7 to 10 days for fresher things.

Comment

I spend way too much time at the grocery store, considerng it's just the two of us. Sometimes I feel like I live there. LOL I go twice a week, sometimes three or four.....

Comment

I shop every two weeks, sometimes, I might have to go in between to get extra milk or whatever. I try to wait till I go again, but sometimes I can't

Comment

I buy only fresh veggies & fruit. They don't last in fridge more then a few days. I try not to buy too much because it just doesn't keep, so I wind up going every 3 days or so. Thankfully I have 2 big grocery stores close by and also a costco store around the corner, Sam's 10 minutes away. So going is not a problem.

Comment

We probably go once a week. No Sam's or Costcos here, altho sometimes when babe finds that he has to go to an army/air force base, he'll stock up on stuff at the commissary.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I try to keep it to twice a week. I agree that 'fresh' doesn't stay that way long, so would rather pick up smaller amounts. I really really try to keep a list of stuff that needs doing, so that I can do everything in one trip.

Big change from a few years ago when I would just 'run into town' to get out of the house for a while--sometimes 5 times a week.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

5-6 days a week...........oh wait! that is how many days i go to work......at the grocery store lol. i "try" not to shop tho, except for once or twice a week.
                      http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I am bad about wanting to go each day, but I have tried to go only 2 times a week since gas has gone so high. DH has the small car for work, but I have to drive a big Silverado truck.

Comment

We Usually Run Each Sunday For What We Need For The Week.
                          SHEL

Comment

I usually go once a week and to sams every 2 weeks. Sams is only a 5 minute drive from my house.

Comment

We go to Sam's Club once a month and to the regular grocery store once a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X