Cheap bath towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap bath towels

My bath towels are so covered in mascara and dirt and smell like mildew - I would like to wait until my kids are grown up and leave home before replacing them, but that's not likely to h appen for years yet ... I see thin $4 towels at the discount shop, think that'd be terrible in the meantime ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Cheap bath towels

Walmart has cheaper and they are good towels.

Comment

Hey, I buy Cheap WalMart towels all the time. I can buy new ones oftener and use the old ones as junk rags...which I always need anyway.
      I do find that the edges on the cheap towels unravel faster though, so if you cannot stand that, don't go too cheap.

Comment

I Have Pretty Nice Towels That I Got From Jcpenney's. When I Bought My House I Thought I Would Slurge On Myself And Get Some Nice Towels--i Got 7 One For Each Day--it Was Only Me At The Time. I Think I Only Paid Like 8.00 Per Towel As They Were On Sale For 1/2 Price
        SHEL

Comment

Cheaper towels don't usually last long, and they are so thin. So you wind up buying new ones all the time, not sure how much you save ?? Why not buy a higher price towel that is well made and will last longer ?
          Personally I like my bath towels thick and absorbent. I usually buy them on sale.

Comment

Soak your old ones in clorox water to get mildew out.......then wash/dry them and use to wash your cars!!!!

Comment

I like the towels that Costco sells. They are reasonable, wash well and don't fade as quickly. I also like the sets of white hotel quality towels they sell (6 bath towels for $20?). I decided that the kids'/guest bath would have white towels so that I can wash them in hot water, bleach them, etc.... and not have to worry that they look worn.

Comment

If it is your kids that are leaving mascara on the towels, and I assume it is, I would have them use makeup removal pads and insist they clean up properly BEFORE grabbing a towel. I'd also get myself a few really nice towels and make them use the old ones. Often Penney's has towels on sale, half price or BOGO, and it's a great way to stock up.

Comment

I like thick fluffy towels so I buy mine at Kohl's when they are half price. My husband and daughter are only allowed to use towels out of the old towel basket if she is coloring her hair or he is working on the cars.

Comment

For years we bought the cheap towels from Walmart and Sam's they did good to last a year. Then about 4 yrs ago I decided to splurge and bought really good thick soft towels albeit from Walmart they were about $10 a piece and I purchased 6 of them. At the same time I purchased 6 mid priced towels(not the cheapos) The higher priced towels still look as good as the day I bought them and are really absorbent the mid priced towels have faded and just don't absorb half as good as the other ones. This has convinced me that I will always from now on spend a little more on my towels.
                    ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

Working...
                    X