Love my clothesline!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my clothesline!!

I LOVE crunchy towels dried on the line... got 'em and our bed sheet out there now! The only thing I don't like dried on the line is underwear... I like the dryer for those!

We usually keep Babe's red union suit hanging out there for the neighbors to chuckle over. I remember living in a house in the country years ago and the neighbor actually came over and told me my clothes line was an eyesore. We were both on 5 acre lots and not in a "neighborhood." I told him where he could stick it.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Love my clothesline!!

I love the smell of things that have been on a clothesline. I love having towels freeze on the line in the winter - they were so soft when they finally dried.

Wish I had a clothesline now.

Comment

I used to hang towels to dry, then on another site a woman remarked that in a house with kids, towels are often put in the hamper wet or otherwise soiled like lying on a bedroom floor for a while, and very often they smell mildewy (see my other post). She recommended washing and drying on hot, even though it's going to shorten their life.
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I have a clothes line and cannot use it. We live between corn fields and I get a itchy rash if I dry clothes outside.

Comment

I'll never understand the thing about 'fluffy soft' towels. Give me mine line dried as well.

Comment

((( I don't have a clothes line. The way my house is set up, I'd have to go thru the dining room each time and then treck down to where a line would fit.

I did stop using a dryer sheet in my white towel load and they absorb better.
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I Use My Clothes Line For: Towels, Jeans And Sheets. I Love The Smell When You Put On Jeans That Were Dired On The Line.
              SHEL

Comment

haven't used a clothes line in many, many years. I much prefer soft towels out of the dryer. I have so many allergies, I just couldn't see hanging sheets and towel out to dry and then use them, all that stuff that's in the air. Just wouldn't work for me.

Comment

I have had a clothes line. My mom always uses hers. I use mine for heavy clothes, sheets, things I want to air out. Usually I use the dryer on whites. Years ago, a woman my age came to pick up her son, and I was taking down clothes from the clothes line--she told me she had not seen a clothes line in a long time and asked why I did not buy a dryer-told her that I did have a clothes dryer--I especially like to use it to get lint off of dry clothes-I set the dryer to fluff-no heat.

Comment

Dont have a clothesline anymore....... Loved it when I used Ivory Snow for baby/ little ones' clothing. Awwwwwwwww.....they smelled so good on the line, as did bed sheets, blankets, etc. I always did my towels in the dryer........I like soft, warm towels to fold. JMO.

Comment

Clothes dryer only here.

Comment

I use mine year round for everything.

Comment

I am a dryer person too. I just don't want to think of birds or bugs on my clothes. I am such a city girl! *L* Don't hate me because I like a dryer.
                          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dryer only for me, clotheslines are so 1960s. I don't have time to do laundry as it is, let alone taking more time for clotheslining stuff. I grew up with most of our clothes line dried, I can remember finding bugs in stuff sometimes. I remember the scratchy, stiff towels and stuff. Not for me. I haven't seen a clothesline anywhere in my town.

Comment

I'd like to air dry to help avoid shrinkage and to cut down on the electric bill. You probably are all aware that the dryer sucks a lot of energy. But I use the dryer because I don't like crunchy towels and everything is wrinkled. Is there a trick anyone can share to avoid the crunchies?

Comment

Working...
                              X