Dogs get alzheimers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs get alzheimers

My cousin has a dog 15yrs old & the dog was sitting in the corner staring at the wall, eyes were glassie. He did vomit up his food. Just strange, blood work ($300) and there is a name for it but in human terms it is alzheimers. The dog needs to take a pill everyday (pricey) I never heard about this. My cousin went on line & found out any dog over 8yrs has a 50% chance of getting it. I never knew about this. We got a cat & DH said do cats get it?? I said when she can't find her way to the litterbox then we will know.

Re: Dogs get alzheimers

my dog recently died..he was 17yrs old..shortly before he died..i remember i caught him standing in the corner facing the wall..really strange behavior..

Comment

It's almost as bad as watching a human w/Alzheimer's. I had a granddog who very apparently developed it before he died. If he wasn't in the corner, then he was walking around and around and around the coffee table endlessly as if lost.

Comment

That is so sad.....
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My little terrier is 16 and I sometimes find her in the kitchen looking at herself in the oven door or she goes in there and starts barking at nothing. I swear I've watched her walk into a room and look around as if she's thinking 'what did I come in here for?'. I just take her and put her in her bed and she's fine later. She's in pretty good shape for 16 otherwise!

Comment

Working...
          X