my lunch with Smokey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lunch with Smokey...

What a delightful lady she is... I'm very happy to have a new friend. We had a traditional Australian pub lunch minus the beer...

We met at 12 noon after me getting caught up in city traffic, made our way to the pub and then sat talking non-stop for the next 4 hours.

She's enjoying her trip to Australia and is heading off to see Sydney tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Re: my lunch with Smokey...

I am glad you got to meet, that's great. Thanks for sharing the picture Chayote.

Comment

For someone who probably lives the FURTHEST away... it seems to me that you've met more people from CK than anyone, Chay!! You're so lucky!! Great pic!!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I definately think that Chayote should get the reward for the most traveled CK member!! She is a very lovely person, and I am very glad she is part of the message board here.
        Thank you for sharing your special day!

Comment

Thank you, Stephanie... Meeting you was one of the highlights of my trip last year. I love travelling and my pipe dream is to travel the US meeting up with CopyKat friends.

Smokey is so easy to talk to and it felt like we'd known each other for years. We had a lot of fun just talking about everyday stuff. We have a lot in common, even our dislike of cooking which we laughed over having met on a recipe website...
          I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Sabine and Luvs... you're very welcome. The photo isn't the best (blurred) but the man we asked to take it had no idea how to use my camera. It's a Canon 300D and looks a bit daunting. I should buy a little point and shoot camera for such occasions... It's still a photo that I'll treasure.

Comment

Great pic. I look forward to meeting some of ya'll one day. I'm going to try to arrange a meeting in September in Ft. Worth/Dallas area before the Zestfest 2008.

Thanks for sharing the pic. It's great to put a face to the poster.

Comment

How wonderful! I am so glad y'all got to meet! Thanks for sharing the Picture. You are both just lovely ladies!

Nu, I am so all over that meeting in September!! We can actually get a pretty good group together!

Let's see.. Me, You, Huffle, Efue, maybe Sabine could come in town for it? TX Rogue, .....Who else am I missing?
                Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How far is northern central Arkansas from y'all?? I feel like I gotta make a TX CK meet!!
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Not far at all........................ Ya gotta come!! We could meet for lunch, then, maybe later after the Festival, we could all go and paint the town Purple!!
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Chayote, I'm glad you were able to meet up with her. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

Peabs

Comment

Working...
                      X