Peabodypq-How R U?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peabodypq-How R U?

Noticed you haven't posted lately & knew you were having some health issues. Anyone know or heard from her??

Re: Peabodypq-How R U?

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I'm sure that Robin won't mind me answering. I received an email from her just yesterday and she said that she's feeling good and her onchologist has taken her off chemotherapy until August and she's not having any major problems.

I'll pass on your thoughts for her... I know she'll appreciate it...
      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Hello my friends. I'm so sorry that it has been awhile since I last posted. For the past year I have been on chemotheraphy for metastatic breast cancer. While I was fortunate that the side effects were few, fatigue was the big one and it hit me hard. I am still working full time so by the time I got home from work, I was just exhausted. The good news is some of the metastatic areas (original diagnosis was breast cancer) are gone and some are now stable. So....I have been given a reprieve from chemotherapy. Not sure for how long, but I'll take whatever I can get.

The past year has been busy in other ways. Hubby retired a year ago and my son just moved away from home in April and is attending a technical school for automotive repair. Even though son "lived" at home before, he was not here a lot during the time I was home. It has been an adjustment for me to get used to the fact that he now lives away from us. However, it has been a good growing up move for him. Hubby is enjoying not having so many dirty clothes to wash. He does the wash and now that son's clothes and dirty towels are not in the mix, the wash load has cut down more than half. Who would have thought one young man could make so many dirty clothes.

I will try and be more active on the site now that my fatigue is starting to improve. I have missed all of you.

Peabs

Comment

I'm glad the fatigue is getting better, I don't know from personal experience, But, I've seen enough to know chemo can be rough. Thoughts and prayers with you. Glad to see you here.
          I know what you mean about the laundry, when the kids moved out one by one, the volume drastically decreased, I don't know if they were real clean or real dirty! lol

Comment

It is so good to see you posting peabody. I have been wondering what was going on, remembering a little bit of what you posted in the past. I know you must be so relieved to be off Chemo. I have not had personal experience with that either, but I have watched my daughter go through chemo treatments for over a year and recently go through radiation treatments, so I know how bad the side effects can be. Looking forward to seeing more of you on the board.

Comment

It is wonderful to see you posting again. (((HUGS))) Please keep us informed and let US help you as much as possible. I know that there are many people on this forum that will be praying for you . I am also a firm believer in stong possitive energies and thoughts. I will be sending them towards you and your family.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
              X