freezing fruit--need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezing fruit--need advice

Am interested in purchasing fruits, on sale, in bulk, etc., to assist in saving a little bit more on the grocery bill. Specifically, mixing it up, and making a fruit salad 'bowl'...Love watermelon, grapes, strawberries especially...any help is apprecitated greatly!

Re: freezing fruit--need advice

Originally posted by stareyez View Post
    Am interested in purchasing fruits, on sale, in bulk, etc., to assist in saving a little bit more on the grocery bill. Specifically, mixing it up, and making a fruit salad 'bowl'...Love watermelon, grapes, strawberries especially...any help is apprecitated greatly!
    'Tis a man's worth is not by how much he makes, but, by how well he spends it.

Comment

Freezing fruit and then adding it to a fruit salad.... it won't be nearly the same.
      You can't freeze watermelon. I have had frozen musk melon, eat it while it is still semi-frozen.

I freeze strawberries, blueberries and raspberries . Wash, dry, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spread berries in one layer on cookie sheet, throw in freezer. Once frozen, put them in the bags. They need to be sealed pretty securely. I have a Foodsaver.

Comment

You can also use fruit fresh. It comes in a can and gives you all the directions on how to use.

Comment

DH is on this diet, he buys Dole fruit cups in the fruit isle no sugar then he puts in fresh blueberries, strawberries, cantalope whatever we have & mixes it up. I use to buy frozen fruit at Costco but when defrosted it was mushy. He likes mixing fresh with those cups, I don't eat fruit but he likes it but then again he is easy to please.

Comment

Watermelon was my mom's favorite fruit. My sis-in-law would partially freeze it and put it through the blender for a slushie for mom in her advanced years.

Comment

Working...
            X