Meatballs, sigh ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meatballs, sigh ....

It seems that everyone but me can make good meatballs, freeze them, and their family loves them.

Should I give up, or ....
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Meatballs, sigh ....

where do you need the help? is it taste? texture? or do they fall apart?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Have you considered buying them already made ?? There are some pretty good ones out there.

Comment

MEATBALLS

1 lb. hamburger
        lb. ground pork
        3 eggs
        tsp. pepper
        Salt
        2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
        cup chopped parsley

Mix all ingredients. Scoop into balls. Bake

350 until done ??
        CAN BE FROZEN

overmixing or oversqueezing to mix will cause your meatballs to be dense and dry.

Comment

bake from a cold state, rather than just rolled. room temp ones don't bake quite the same.

very very lean ground meat.
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Not to hijack, Hi Stella, You should have came camping with us!!!

Comment

i cannot stand camping.
              not my cup of tea at all. I have been tent camping once, family weekend giddy up deal with the cub scouts, which also happend to be my anniversary, worse night of my entire life. imagine two fat people on an air mattress, DH would roll over and i'd fall off. among other things, I hated it.

the other thing is the recent boy scout camp that was ripped up with twisters, i wasn't able to manage that.
              my son is leaving in less than a week for a his northern teir trip, he'll be gone 3 weeks, camping and canoeing up into canada. they canoe all day, set up camp, and then canoe again the next day, haul the canoe 4 miles and do it again. he'll be out in the middle of no where, and to be honest I'm kinda starting to wig a little on that and have climbed into my shell like a hermit crab over it. I was replying to a PM and saw this thread and replied
              Nu, you'll be thrilled to know I have a tattoo now. yea babes i have crossed over big time.

Comment

I use a meatball recipe I got from Womans Day mag about 15-20yrs ago. Its the best. Simple and easy. If you want it, I'll get it typed in. Basically, its beef, bread crumbs, eggs, dried minced onions, garlic salt, dried parsley, blend and form balls. Place on foil lined cookie sheet, bake at 400 for 15 min then either freeze them or put them in your sauce to finish cooking during the simmer.

Comment

No tornados in virtual camping, and anyway Ginger and Chop stayed at the hotel at night!! I bet they'd have let you snuggle!

Comment

Stella, you still have your hermit crabs ? What kind of tatoo and where ? Inquiring minds want to know LOL

Comment

got two more crabs this past friday, headed back out tomorrow to get more.

in the crabitat right now I have 6. I lost some this past year when they molted.
                      for some reason I wasn't able to get them to survive once they molted. so the little friends cemetary has many new corpses in it.

the tattoo. oh gosh. it was a girls weekend two weeks ago.
                      i should start a new thread about it, but I haven't been here, I doubt anyone cares lol.

Comment

for me, the meatball recipe doens't seem to matter. i made them great 20 plus years ago, when we first got married. now, i can't make them for beans.

maybe ground meat isn't my thing. i BUY premade beef patties for burgers.
                        I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I used this recipe for cocktail meatballs when DH & I got married (I made the wedding cake and cooked all of the food):

2 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
                          2 1/2 Pounds Ground Pork
                          1 1/2 cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs (I used Progresso Italian)
                          2 Cups Grated Onion
                          1/3 Cup Minced Garlic
                          4 Eggs, well beaten
                          1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
                          1 Cup Parsley, chopped
                          About 4-6 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
                          Tony Chacherie Seasoning, to taste

Mix all ingredients and shape into bite-sized balls. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. At this point you can freeze them or you can simmer them in sauce for appetizers

Sauce:
                          2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
                          1 Qt. Cattleman's BBQ Sauce

Mix thoroughly in sauce pan and add meatballs. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
                          My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

These have to be the best meatballs ever.. Thank you Gary Solomon!!!!

If you don't use this recipe..the key is to WETTING your hands as you roll them.. (This goes the same for making a meatloaf.. hamburg.. it seals the meat.. truly! I've been doing this for over 30 years --- )

Joannie Locricchio's Perfect Meatballs

Joannie's meatballs are light and air not the sinkers that are sometimes served in some restaurants. Joannie's trick is to lightly wet your hands when rolling the meatball. This allows all the ingredients to become moist thus, allowing you to roll the perfect ball. She prefers to brown her meatballs in olive oil on the stove instead of baking in the oven.

We agree with her because the meatball forms a crust in the frying pan. The crust adds flavor to the sauce. Whether you like you meatballs plain or in a sauce you must try this delicious recipe. At the www.RecipeExchange.com we alter this recipe by using a blend of pork, beef and veal chopped meats instead of simply ground beef.

We present Joannie Locricchio's Perfect Meatballs recipe to you in it's original form . Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Locricchio for sharing this recipe.

Merry Christmas to them and all our readers at Therecipeexchange.com, RecipeAppetizers.com, RecipeCake.com RecipeChicken.com and RecipeDesserts.com

Ingredients:
                            Chopped Meat-1 pound.
                            Eggs-2 lightly beaten.
                            Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs- 3/4 cup.
                            Fresh Parsley-2 tablespoons.
                            Black Pepper-"a lot".
                            Salt-1 teaspoon.
                            Onion- 1/4 of a medium onion finely diced.
                            Parmesan Cheese- 1/2 cup.
                            Olive oil- enough to fry in.

Instructions-

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Wet hands and roll meatballs the size of plums. Fry them in the olive oil until browned on all sides. Should take about 15 minutes. Place them in tomato sauce or cook through if eating them plain. Good appetite.

Gary Solomon

```````````

Gotta tell u that even if you don't like parmesan cheese.. you would never know it's in the meatballs.. at least DS#2 hasn't figured it out.. and he HATES any kind of cheese!.
                            Tessa

Comment

When ever I make meat balls I just roll them and put them right into my hot sauce to cook. i never fry or put them in the oven. They flavor the sauce and I don't have a frying mess to clean up.

Comment

Working...
                              X