Bundt cake pan question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundt cake pan question??

What kind of Bundt pan do you own??? I have had a couple and it seems that how ever much I grease it some parts still stick... What I'm I doing wrong??? Please HELP.....
    Food Gal

Re: Bundt cake pan question??

I have a non stick bundt pan for many yrs. Think it is scratched but I use Pam to grease it. I love that pan. I tried greasing it with crisco but all those folds I could never do a good job. Pam helps.

Comment

Roset do u know what brand or the kind it was????

Thanks in advanced
      food gal

Comment

I just checked, no name on the outside, had that thing for at least 15yrs. Never had a problem & it is aluminum, not a heavy one. Maybe cause I baked so many cakes in it that with pam it just comes out.

Comment

Have you tried the baker's joy, it's a flour type spray and works really well; I've used it on occasion. Generally, I always use crisco and flour.

Comment

My Bundt pan was my sister's aunt-in law's, when she went to the nursing home, they sold/gave her stuff. I got a bunch of cooking stuff. this is a thick aluminum one, non stick, I've had it for probably 20 yrs. I use bakers Joy, or Pam, usually Bakers Joy, because of the flour. I have one that came free with a Bundt cake mix, about 10-15 yrs ago. It's real thin, I couldn't tell you the last time I used it.

Comment

Originally posted by NIGHT OWL View Post
              Have you tried the baker's joy, it's a flour type spray and works really well; I've used it on occasion. Generally, I always use crisco and flour.

I love that stuff (but I use Pam brand). My Bundt pan is 22 years old and still works!

Comment

my bundt pan tends to stick..so i rarely use it.

Comment

isn't the word Bundt trademarked?
                  I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I have a collection of Bundt pans (not quite as many as cookbooks, though). The really good ones are the ones made by Nordic. The only one that sticks for me is the one that looks like a rose ........... not really happy with that one ... pieces of cake always stick no matter that I use on it.

Actually almost started a thread yesterday asking everyone whether they had a "secret" that kept cakes from sticking. Made a blueberry pound cake which refused to come out of the tried and true oldie but goldie bundt pan. It was not pretty, but tasted very good. We decided I had used too heavy a hand on the amount of blueberries in it. The recipe called for 1-1/2 cups and I probably added twice that much .. should have known better.

Comment

Working...
                    X