think I want to start to learn how to make beaded jewelry and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think I want to start to learn how to make beaded jewelry and

is there someone on here that does do that for fun? if so, i have some questions on how to get started. thanks

Re: think I want to start to learn how to make beaded jewelry and

I just started a few months ago and have a number of pieces done. I'm trying to sell it and one of these months I'll actually have a website up and running so y'all can come and look.

There are a number of places you can get beads relatively inexpensively.

http://www.auntiesbeads.com/Default.aspx?gclid=CNmJiL7Q-ZMCFRKpxgodviBOXQ&

Ebay - watch out for shipping charges though.

Some of my favorite stores at Ebay are:

jewelrystoresusa
    gilbertandfrech

It depends on what kinds of beads and findings you want. You can get great prices for findings at Jewellrystoresusa

I'm taking a course in a few weeks learning how to market my projects and a further course learning how to make a flower lariat I saw at one of the beading places near my home.

Comment

My Hobby Lobby is offering classes to learn how to make beaded jewlery, Michaels store does also.

Comment

I started out by buying a kit from Walmart and added a couple of other complimentary beads. It was so easy. Of course I then took a class and learned how to properly finish off the necklace/earring set I'd made.

Comment

I would love to learn how to do that also.. I may have to check into the classes. Wonder how much they run?
          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Most bead stores have classes. Look in your yellow pages for local bead stores. I took all of my classes from the local community college. I now go to all the bead shows to get supplies. But, watch out, it can be addicting!
            For Christmas gifts for my management team this year, I plan to buy small decorative frames, fill with screen for earring storage and include a pair of angel earrings made from 3 beads- a round bead for the head, a crescent bead for the wings and a long triangle bead (same color as the round bead for the body. I have made these before and they make such cute Christmas gifts and they are cheap (about .75 to 1.50 depending on earring wires and pins)

Comment

The classes that beadstores offer can be expensive sometimes. I checked into that last year, and the class was over $100.00 , was a day long class, beginners class, I don't remember if that price included materials or not, I can only hope it did. LOL No, I didn't take the class. I am sure it can be addictive, just like scrapbooking.

Comment

I am seriously addicted and have to slap my own wrists to not bid on stuff at Ebay.

I've had some compliments on my jewellery and really enjoy making it. The one class I took included the beads for the necklace. It was relatively inexpensive and was just an evening class - about 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                X