dubai land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dubai land

Has anyone seen this? its a super mega theme park. It will be twice the size of Walt Disney World...thats big! and there are parts (islands) that you can see from space. Too bad its in the Persian Gulf and not here...Oh well I'm sure that its oil money that payed for it...lol
    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Re: dubai land

And it will only cost about a gazillion dollars to visit the park not to mention flying to Dubai and finding accommodations. One 3-star hotel I looked at cost over $200/night

Comment

I've seen photos. Only the super rich in the Persion Gulf will be able to afford to go!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

There are plenty of rich people in that area who will go. $ 200 a night for a hotel room really isn't all that much. You can pay that much in Las Vegas and more.

Comment

My DH's company just paid $200.00 a night for a hotel room in Philly for him. I have to agree with Sabine, $200.00 is not really that much for a hotel room anymore.

I am not impressed at all about anything over there. Their human right problems disgust me as do most of their cultural beliefs. JMHO.
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

My brother was sent there for a few days before going into Iraq. He said it was a beautiful but very expensive place.
            Last edited by floridagirly68; 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM.
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Give me Disney World and I'm happy!

I've got the Orlando Worlds about 45 minutes from home.
              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I was in Dubai just a month ago. From what I recall, Dubailand has barely even started to be built, although the way things get built in that city it will be completed in no time! The thing that struck me the most about Dubai was the amount of construction going on, it completely blew my mind. There are cranes everywhere. It was almost a futuristic type city, especially at night, most of the buildings are lite up, very pretty.

I enjoyed my time there and found the culture fascinating. I had a completely different perspective on the people and culture before I went there than I do now, and really, they are not much different than us. I stayed with some friends that have been there for over five years and their life over there is not much different than it was here (Calgary). I was surprised that the prices were pretty comparable to here, eg. really nice lunch for about $10.00ish Cnd, and the food, I might add, was fantastic. The hotels are pretty spectacular but after seeing spectacular hotel after spectacular hotel, the novelty wore off pretty quick for me. Definately lots of money over there, but lots of people that are not rich too.

Comment

Working...
                X