How do you keep the "Spark" Alive in your Marriage/Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep the "Spark" Alive in your Marriage/Relationship

My Hubby and I have a Date Night once a week. Time together, just him and I to talk
    and enjoy each others company. We take turns planning the evening which is really fun to see what the other comes up with!
    **Life may not be the Party we had hoped for....
    But while we are here, we might as well Dance
    .....**

Re: How do you keep the "Spark" Alive in your Marriage/Relationship

Well, after 36 odd years, I think the spark has settled into a gentle flame. We know each other so well, that we often finish each other's sentences. The reason that we haven't become one of those couples that go places together but never even seem to talk to each other, is that DH is away from home 4 nights a week due to his job. We both have sufficient time alone, to enjoy each other's company when we are together. Now I do not say that every couple needs to spend that much time alone, but I think it helps a relationship if each partner has interests of their own. It at least gives them something to talk about and a life outside the partnership.

But I think we have spent too much time together this week. We've been renovating our kitchen and conversation has covered the whole range from 'heated comments', grunts of annoyed agreement to groans of aging bodies pushed to their limits. Two more days...just two...
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I don't know of any specific thing, but, with our 50th coming up in Aug., well, he gave me 50 yrs. to straighten up, but I'm pretty sure I can get an extension.

Comment

We put in a Sundance hot tub 3yrs ago for our 20th. I think it should be mandatory that every 20yr marriage gets a hot tub!

This year, we ordered a Mini Cooper S for our 23rd. Will be delivered in August. DH says he's sharing his midlife crisis with me, what could be more romantic? That car is so much fun, can hardly wait to motor around with him like a teenager again.

Besides buying cool toys together, we just treat each other like we love each other, simple as that.

Comment

My DH and I will be married 13 yrs. this November. We also do the date thing, usually dinner and a movie. We ALWAYS take a vacation by ourselves. When we go to visit family we have to stay in a hotel or either in our 5th wheel. So, that gives us another reason to be alone (b/c the kids stay at my parents.) There are a few other things we do, but I don't want to get kicked off here, LOL!!!

Nicki

Comment

I just gave up. We got married in 1986.
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

My husband and I do not need to spend every minute together. He does his thing and I do my thing. He takes trips with his buddies and I do the same. And then we do our thing!!!!! It has always been that way and it works for us. As well, there is alot of humor, pranks, joking around...and we are good communicators. Do we fight...absoloutley!!!!! Do we agree on everything....absoloutley not!!!! And through challenging times, we have kept things in perspective. We are individually strong-willed and stubborn, not submissive to each other... our personalities are quite differant. We were very good friends before we went down the "love road" 25 years ago...we are still great friends, who still respect each other and we are still having a very fun time. FUN is important! Spark is not a word I would use...our marriage is interesting and certainly not boring...very lively and exciting!!!!!

Comment

Keep Fresh Batteries In The Cattle Prod!!!

Comment

We grew up 2 blocks apart and we've been holding hands since we were 12 yrs old and have now been married 44 yrs. DH is a romantic with a capital R. Once on Valentine's Day in Chicago on the way home from a night class he got off the bus with snow up to his ankles to buy me chocolates and had to wait for the next bus. The "spark" comes with treating each other with respect and lots of hugs and pecks on the cheek and other stuff.

Comment

Never let the honeymoon end and tell each other how much you love one another multiple times a day. 14th anniversary will be in 22 days!

Comment

We don't do date night because we do not trust anyone to watch our children. With that said we have no parents that are alive close enough to watch our children. We have our own type of date night after they are in bed. We also love to talk and laugh and we do joke around with each other. We schedule our fights for the 2nd of each month! That was my old anniversary date and his gallbladder surgery and now my graduation night and it works for us. On fight night we have some incredible debates and the kids even join in sometimes if they understand the topic. I suggest that everyone schedule a "fight" night they are really a lot of fun.
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

we've been married for 22yrs and we don't need to spend every moment together..now that my kids are in thier teens..we have been having more date nights..we still flirt with each other..

Comment

Working...
                        X