Waffle Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffle Iron

Made myself a blueberry waffle this morning. As usual, had a very heavy hand tossing in the berries. The waffle iron is NASTY. Never have really tried cleaning it before, but it needs some TLC. Any suggestions?

Re: Waffle Iron

Throw It Away And Buy Another? Lol

I Know That Like The George Forman Grills, While It's Hot, Or Heat It, Put A Wet Soapy Rag In The Grill And Close The Lid, The Steam Of It Will Help Get Off The Crusty Stuff And Easier To Get Off. I Don't Know Why It Wouldn't Work With A Waffle Grill.

Comment

never heard of that, i'll try it !!!!
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Nawwwww, tossing it is not an option . Will try the damp towel; sounds like it will work. Being the grand experimenter here, the next flavor to try will be to make chocolate chip waffles when the grandkids are here -- will wait 'cause we're both non chocolate-aholics here.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          Throw It Away And Buy Another? Lol

I Know That Like The George Forman Grills, While It's Hot, Or Heat It, Put A Wet Soapy Rag In The Grill And Close The Lid, The Steam Of It Will Help Get Off The Crusty Stuff And Easier To Get Off. I Don't Know Why It Wouldn't Work With A Waffle Grill.
          Nu is right.. Remember, she's always right !! LOL! :-)

Comment

With some waffle irons the plates are removable for cleaning -- I'm assuming this is not the case with yours.

One hint for next time, even if it is supposed to be non-stick, heat the iron until it is up to cooking temperature. Then, after it is hot, spray or brush oil on both grids.
            Last edited by BobbiJo_AZ; 06-19-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
              Nu is right.. Remember, she's always right !! LOL! :-)
              WELL YEAH.... THAT'S A GIVEN! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                WELL YEAH.... THAT'S A GIVEN! LOL
                Well of course Mrs. Einstein !!

Comment

I didn't know that .. spray after it's hot. Learn something new all the time. BTW, the waffle was wonderful even though it made a royal mess of the iron == And, no, the grids are not removable. It's an el cheapo, does the job and wears out every few years and needs to be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                  X