Destin, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destin, Florida

We are going to Destin in 2 weeks. I think we are about 10 minutes or so from Ft. Walton Beach. Any "Tried and True" restaurants that you know of. It's always nice to have a few places to eat that someone has tried. Any other fun things or attractions would be good, too. Thanks!!

Re: Destin, Florida

Sorry, can't help w/ eateries, but I was there a few Januarys ago w/ babe. We were traveling to places where we thought we might like to retire and babe had spent some good times stationed at Ft. Walton Beach in the Air Force.

We were there less than a year (but longer than 6 months) after whatever hurricaine devastated the area. It broke our hearts to see so many houses gone and roads destroyed.

The beaches were breathtaking tho. We stayed in a hotel w/ a FREE happy hour every night and full beautiful breakfasts every morning. We took advantage!!

BTW... we ended up in the last of 3 places we investigated for places to retire... IF and WHEN we ever GET to retire... we're here... in the Ozarks of Arkansas!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Denise, Here are some restaurants we like: Another Broken Egg Cafe(good breakfast), Marina Cafe, La Paz (good mexican), Cafe Grazie(good italian), and Hogsbreath Saloon. Have fun!

Comment

In Destin:
        McGuires is good...but $$$$$$$$
        Fudpuckers is a fun place. not too expensive.
        Back Porch is good. kinda high but not outrageous.

Ft Walton:
        Island Steamer...GREAT Seafood. Not too high in price.
        Pandora's....Good food...OK price.
        Staffs....good food. Kinda high on price.
        Pandas... GREAT Chinese food good prices.
        Coach and Four Steak House....GREAT food and good prices.

Wanna drive a bit?
        Navarre:
        Cocoadries...GREAT FOOD...OK prices.
        East Bay Crab House.....GREAT FOOD a bit high.

I will post more as I think about it some more.
        I still play with my food

Comment

I second the Another Broken Egg, and possibly McGuires if you like an Irish pub. I believe the original McGuires is in Pensacola, but they have another one in Destin. Destin is a lovely place I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to write all the suggestions down. We are going on July 5. We rented a house with 8 bedrooms. We are going with a bunch of family. We are all so excited! Can't wait!!

Comment

Denise-We love Destin and have been there several times. McGuires is good but plan on a loooong wait and it is a bit pricey. Great fish and chips, tho!
              We really enjoy Callahan's Deli. It's a great eat-in or take out place. They've won awards for their chili and it is awesome! (I know, chili on the beach in July??? It's good, tho!) In fact we've tried to duplicate it but can't quite 'get it'!

What my kids love is the Whataburger that's just over the bridge before Holiday Isle. They love Whataburger in AZ and were almost as thrilled about having them in FL as they were having the beach out our front door!!!!

Comment

hey..with that many bed rooms, can i come to? i'm kind of nice...

Comment

i thought whataburger was only in texas? i have friends from ala. and the first place they stop when they get to texas is whataburger, lol.

Comment

Hey, highclass1-just jet on over one morning--my Mom cooks up a mean breakfast! We are all looking forward to that. She is like a short order cook RE--Whataburger--I have heard about that place on a tv talk show I used to watch years ago and I thought they were only in California. I want to go there. I am def printing all the restaurant suggestions!

Comment

http://www.whataburger.com/one_near_you.php

They are all over FL. and there are some in AL, too!!!

Comment

Thanks for the website!

Comment

im glad they are expanding,great burgers,i think they should go nationwide.

Comment

Denise:

Here is a link that might also give you some good ideas on places to eat in Destin.

http://www.thebeachcomber.org/restaurants.htm

Comment

Working...
                            X