X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine
    replied
    Re: Luby's Cafe

For those who are interested, I checked the web site again, the book costs $24.95 plus shipping/ handling etc. comes to $30.00

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
    Mayo Fish, Is That The Square Fish They Have that's covered with a Layer Of "white Stuff"? kinda tangy, if I remember right. I Never New The Name, But Always Loved It. They Don't Have It Too Often, Usually The Baked Fish With The Crumbs On Top And Almond Slices. But That's Good Also.
    Go to page one of this thread, Kaci posted the baked mayo fish recipe.
    We also have Golden Corral cafeterias here in town, one close to our house. We don't like their food, Luby's has much, much better food. We had wyatt's cafeterias right after Luby's started to close some of their restaurants , but they just didn't last. They are all gone. I never ate there, so I don't know about their food.
    Boy, now I want to go eat at Luby's.

Leave a comment:

• DebsterinOhio
    replied

OK...I found the one my Mom used to like...it was "MCL cafeteria". I found that there is one about 25 miles fr/here. That's actually the only one I have ever heard of in this area.

Leave a comment:

• DebsterinOhio
    replied

Gayle...I am in Ohio and I don't know of any cafeteria style restaurants around here. There used to be one in a mall near Dayton Ohio that my Mom just loved...can't remember the name.

Leave a comment:

• nuisance
    replied

Mayo Fish, Is That The Square Fish They Have that's covered with a Layer Of "white Stuff"? kinda tangy, if I remember right. I Never New The Name, But Always Loved It. They Don't Have It Too Often, Usually The Baked Fish With The Crumbs On Top And Almond Slices. But That's Good Also.

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    Re: Luby's Cafeteria ;-)

I liked Luby's. I miss what I called their mayonnaise fish. I think in that recipe you need to add how much lemon pepper. You know that is actually very similar to a Russian style of cooking meet. They would often take medium slices of meat (beef/pork) and bake them with mayo and cheese. It is pretty tasty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• nuisance
    replied

I Was Looking Up The Cookbook To Orde One Also. I Thought "i'll Call Our Luby's To See If They Have Them At The Restaurant" I Click On Locations, And Ours Isn't Even Listed??????

Leave a comment:

• GayleTX
    replied

Question for you 'northern' folk.......in all our travels in the north and midwest, we have never seen a cafeteria - do they just not have them there? If not, wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• BJinTexas
    replied

No more Furrs in the Austin area ... just Luby's.

Leave a comment:

• GayleTX
    replied

The ones in Sherman and Amarillo that closed recently still had the LuAnn platter.....it was 'famous' - in fact, there's a country song that refers to the LuAnn platter - can't remember which one....maybe Pat Green or Jerry Jeff Walker or some other Texas outlaw singer. (BTW....they closed because they couldn't compete price-wise with Golden Corral on the next block - but Luby's food is superior by far (Golden Corral is 'all you can eat'....at Luby's the servers put the food on your plate for you and it adds up pretty quickly).

Anybody still have a Furr's Cafeteria in your area? They used to be wonderful food - the servers put food on your plate, but you could go back for all you wanted. Golden Corral has hurt them, too, but I have heard that they have closed a lot because of problems within the Furr family (down to about the third generation now) .....I think their supermarkets may have all closed, too.

Leave a comment:

• BJinTexas
    replied

Sabine, they still have the LuAnn platter I think I'm going to order a cookbook too.

Leave a comment:

• nuisance
    replied

Oh Yeah, Yes I Do Remember.

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied

Lu Ann platter was smaller portion, entree and 2 sides and bread / drink if I remember right.
    Of course I will order you a cookbook

Leave a comment:

• nuisance
    replied

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    I just checked out Luby's web site. Guess what, they are offering a special edition cookbook, Luby's 60 years, favorite recipes. I will order one for sure, no, I will order 3, one for my daughter, one for my dil, and one for myself.
    Anybody remember the Lu Ann platter?
    YOUR ORDERING ME ONE????? THANKS MOM!!!

THE NAME LU ANN PLATTER SOUNDS FAMILIAR, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHY/WHAT.

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied

I just checked out Luby's web site. Guess what, they are offering a special edition cookbook, Luby's 60 years, favorite recipes. I will order one for sure, no, I will order 3, one for my daughter, one for my dil, and one for myself.
    Anybody remember the Lu Ann platter?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X