Stolen License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen License Plates

I have no idea if this is true or not but it makes sense so I'm passing it along.

INFO FROM A STATE TROOPER....PLEASE READ!!!!!

A woman said her son found his license plate missing so he called the police to file a report. They told him people were stealing the plates to get
    free gas. Given the rise in gas prices, people have taken to stealing license plates, putting them on their car, then getting gas and running.
    The gas station will have "your" license plate # and you could be in trouble for "pump and run." Check your car periodically to be sure you
    still have a plate. If you should find it missing, file a report immediately!!! Keep an eye on your license plate! Make sure you always
    know it's there! When the license plate is reported as the "drive off vehicle", it's YOU they contact! Be aware!!!! Be aware of your license
    plates, most of us never look to see if the plates are there or not.

PLEASE PASS ON

Re: Stolen License Plates

In Canada, we are still required to have licence plates front and back. A few years ago, my mother noticed that her front plate was missing. (She had no idea how long it had been gone, because her parking spot faced inward and she rarely walked in front of her vehicle.) When she contacted the police, they told her that thieves would often steal a couple of different plates from the front of vehicles and put them on a stolen vehicle. The front and back plates would be different and make it harder to trace the stolen vehicle.

As a sidebar to your warning, if you 'pay at the pump', make sure you print and keep your receipt--at least until you receive your credit card bill. Heard of a fellow who was accused of 'filling and running' but was able to produce his receipt. It turned out that the attendant had identified the wrong filling lane/pump.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

As a sidebar to your warning, if you 'pay at the pump', make sure you print and keep your receipt--at least until you receive your credit card bill. Heard of a fellow who was accused of 'filling and running' but was able to produce his receipt. It turned out that the attendant had identified the wrong filling lane/pump.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! I never thought of that. I will from now on get a receipt.. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

that's been happening in Australia for a few years now, so much so that Road Traffic Authority recommends that license plates be attached to your car using one-way bolts to prevent them being removed. My brother-in-law had his stolen about a year ago.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
        X