Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Dog Spinoff: where are the dogs the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Dog Spinoff: where are the dogs the best?

I have had hot dogs all over this great nation of ours, having Vienna Beef on a poppy seed roll in Chicago (hold the tomatoes - extra relish)... Pink's chili dogs in Los Angeles... when I lived in NYC I was either at the Sabrett's cart with their amazing onion sauce or at Hebrew National's cart on the other side of the street. Some people swear by Nathan's. Some people prefer white hots to red hots. Skin on. Skinless. Steamed. Grilled.

So what's your pleasure, CKers? Where do you get the best hot dog and how do you like it served? Inquiring minds want to know!

My default dog here in this great City of Good Neighbors in which I reside (that's Buffalo, to you) is Ted's hot dogs. They are charcoal broiled - real charcoal pits that they keep stoked all day. The dogs themselves are skin-on, made by local butcher Sahlen's. (These are the cadillac of Buffalo dogs, though I would not shun a Wardynski dog if you gave me one.)

They have regulars, foot longs and jumbo dogs. I always get two regulars, dressed with mustard, onions, relish and pickle. I add an order of their astoundingly yummy onion rings and wash it down with some loganberry - another Buffalo staple. Ted's also has their own secret hot sauce that I will occasionally have if I am in the mood.

We also have "Texas Hots" places that are like Coney Islands - 24 hour joints where you can always get breakfast or a piece of pie or something, usually owned by Greek people and serving souvlaki. They're good too - they all make their own Texas sauce (kind of like chili).

Tell me about your hot dogs!!

Re: Hot Dog Spinoff: where are the dogs the best?

for a hangover .... footlongs from Sonic Otherwise, Vienna dogs not doubt.

Comment

http://www.koegelmeats.com/products/db.cgi?coneys

We buy the big boxes.

Comment

This is where I get cranky and whiney... I can't have the ROLL (no wheat, etc) so I don't want the hotdog. I've made my own rolls w/ breads I can have and it ain't nearly the same and doesn't do the trick. Mostly all the time I don't care about this celiac disease, but there are some things I really miss and that's when I get mad. No more hotdogs for me... grrrrrrr.
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by wishingstar View Post
          http://www.koegelmeats.com/products/db.cgi?coneys

We buy the big boxes.

I SECOND THIS. I WILL ONLY EAT A KOGELS HOT DOG.
          SHEL

Comment

Working...
          X