I'm in love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in love

Some time ago, there was a thread discussing the merits of the silicone bakeware. Another thread talked about items you bought and never used. After reading the silicone thread, I marched out and bought silicone cupcake holders. Then added my two cents to the "useless" thread and said I couldn't imagine why I wanted those .. after all you had to WASH them after using them and "wasn't that the reason you used paper liners for muffins"? WEEELLLLL, used the silicone muffin holders to make blueberry muffins and I AM IN LOVE! They are wonderful! The muffin slips right out of the holder and you only need a damp cloth to clean the holder. Thank you ALL who bragged how much you like the silicone bakeware. Never would have tried it before reading the thread.

.........now to go back to Isisi1's muffin mania thread. There are some wonderful sounding recipes in her thread.

Re: I'm in love

I've Got Some Silicone Bake Wear I Bought Before Our "bargain Depot" Went Out Of Business. It Had No Instructions. I'm Presuming You Still Have To Grease And Flour Like Regular Pans And Such? Or Do You Not Have To Like You Don't Grease The Silpats.
    Enquiring Minds Want To Know.

Comment

I did spray PAM in mine; we need to hear from the "experts" on the board .

Comment

Are these those bendy pans???

Comment

I sprayed mine to for the first few uses. I don't bother now. Just a tip though--let the muffins cool in the pan or else you will have finger shaped indentations from pushing them out of the pan. I just throw mine into hot soapy water, give them a rub and they're clean. LOVE LOVE LOVE my silicone muffin tin and loaf pan.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

i understand you're supposed to grease before baking - my sister said she's had some stuck otherwise
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Working...
            X